Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Aeroforce 1/4mile times?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 09:02 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

Default RE: Aeroforce 1/4mile times?

moose - is that reading a analog input to the gauge or one read from the OBD II port?
Old 03-29-2008, 04:19 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stkjock

moose - is that reading a analog input to the gauge or one read from the OBD II port?
That's the reading from the stock fuel pressure sensor, but a dedicated fuel pressure gauge will give the same results, just ask hammeron. the only difference between the fuel pressure reading through the obd2 port and a seperate fuel pressure gauge seems to be the pressure at idle. the obd2 port will always show 40psi at idle (unless the engine is really hot, then it goes up), while a fuel pressure gauges shows around 32psi.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:03 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

thanks... i fooled with mine this am and now see there are actually 3 pressure readings. I had not used the one in your display before.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:09 PM
explict
4th Gear Member

Man you have a good eye...It's really not that crooked!!

I guess the entire picture is crooked as you can tell by the top line that makes it worse.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:42 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

My throttle percentage never goes over 75%. Just makes you wonder what these cars would do with a cable throttle. I wonder if custom tunes help that much. Anyone?

Moose, I saw 51 MAF lb/M on my gauge at redline in the top of second. Tons of cops this morning on the way to work.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:47 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

ORIGINAL: AmericanSpeed

I agree, the track is extremely addicting. Well, if you ever feeling like having "just one more hit", I'mat the trackevery wednesday, friday is way too crowded. Also, funday sunday on april 6th.
Screw spin world, it's a zoo. Drive on up to Gainesville and i'll let you use my drag radials. Wed nights is usually dead at 7pm when test and tune starts.

I think Pinks will be there on April 18, which is when I'm taking vacation.
I might take you up on that in the future. Just have to find a Wed I can take off. I have never run at the Gainesville track. I am going to do the clutch toward the end of the year. Cant decide between a Spec Stage 3+ with aluminum fly-wheel. Or a Mcloed or Fidenza Twin Disc with a stock flywheel.

Some day way down the road I want to run 15psi on pump gas with a 200 shot of nitrous at the track (yes the motor would be forged) so I was leaning toward the twin disc. But by the time I will be ready to run that much power (like 8 yrs) I will probably need a new clutch anyway. So I dont know.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:02 PM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangGT0405

ORIGINAL: moosestang

ORIGINAL: AmericanSpeed

I agree, the track is extremely addicting. Well, if you ever feeling like having "just one more hit", I'mat the trackevery wednesday, friday is way too crowded. Also, funday sunday on april 6th.
Screw spin world, it's a zoo. Drive on up to Gainesville and i'll let you use my drag radials. Wed nights is usually dead at 7pm when test and tune starts.

I think Pinks will be there on April 18, which is when I'm taking vacation.
I might take you up on that in the future. Just have to find a Wed I can take off. I have never run at the Gainesville track. I am going to do the clutch toward the end of the year. Cant decide between a Spec Stage 3+ with aluminum fly-wheel. Or a Mcloed or Fidenza Twin Disc with a stock flywheel.

Some day way down the road I want to run 15psi on pump gas with a 200 shot of nitrous at the track (yes the motor would be forged) so I was leaning toward the twin disc. But by the time I will be ready to run that much power (like 8 yrs) I will probably need a new clutch anyway. So I dont know.
I seriously need to get off work early on a wednesday and head up to Gainsville, I hear the track there is far better than spin world. maybe I will convince my brother to cruise up there with me so we can test it out. Are they strict on helmets? Mine isn't snell rated, just DOT.