Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

The benefits of a larger intercooler resevior...

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 06:57 PM
mustard05
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: The benefits of a larger intercooler resevior...

no this is tom. but i went that way for extra weight in the back and keeping the water/coolant out of the engine bay where the most heat is, hey mod,i can get a hold of a tank made to spec of are spare tire well. its amazing. we went to fun ford in orlando and we packed it full of ice and it stayed full of ice for almost 2 hours. it completly fills the spot and it made so if you still have the carpet it will go right over it, and tthe drain is east to get as well, i really think you could benefit from one of them, i think i can get it for a little over 2 hundred, if you havent seen one ill get a pic in the next few day and send it to you
Old 04-04-2008, 11:42 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

Tom - I would greatly appreciate that info. All I have in the spare well now is my battery but I can easily move that up and out of the spare well. My icebox holds almost 15 lbs of ice now but the heat it gets from being up front is counterproductive + the weight up front has bothered me. Not to mention when it 'sweats' I usually have to do a last minute wipe down of the front spoiler so they don't think I'm leaking. (it's a PIA sometimes) If you can PM me a parts list and maybe some shots of your set-up - I would greatly appreciate it.

The other really cool thing about your idea is the draining. I have a quick connect on mine now but the car is so low I can't get anything under it in the front so I have to find a 'safe spot' when draining and you know how that can be a PIA at the track. Going with your set-up is ideal cause I can slide a pan under the back of the car and drain into it easily.

I am VERY intersted in your pan to spare well spec. Really exciting actually and awesome idea![sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Mark

Old 04-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: modaddict

You are correct.

And if he has the turbo like I think he does, he won't be using an intercooler resevoir anyway.

HOWEVER -

I have said for a long time Dex and I stick buy it - that I think the best set-up for turbos is to plumb in a water aftercooler to go with your air intercooler. I would use the voretch aftercooler set-up from the s/c kit and the 'icebox' resevoir that mounts in place of the battery.

To me - that would be the ***** best turbo set-up...
Oh yes, this would be very very nice. Im right on it!

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...&cat_key=3