Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Problems Transfering Tunes to PC

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 01:23 PM
vaporstang
2nd Gear Member

Default Problems Transfering Tunes to PC

I ordered and installed the C&L Street CAI and tune from Brenspeed on my 2008 GT (love it!).This order includes the SCT X3 (PN 3000) Power Flash. I am trying to copy the custom tunes to my PC. I would like to try some tunes from Bama down the road and want to preserve the ones from Brenspeed. I've tried to download the drivers from the SCTFlash website - I believe I did it successfully. The computer (XP)says I've successfully installed the drivers, but I still cannot see the X3 unit on my computer. (The directions on the SCT website do not match exactly what happens on my computer, but the directions are for a different flash model.)

Any suggestions?

Is it possible to tranfer these tune programs backa and forth between my PC and the SCT X3?

Thanks...
Old 06-08-2008, 05:23 PM
itchy5
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Problems Transfering Tunes to PC

I didn't think that you could go from the SCT tool back to the computer. I only have the XCal2 though. I wanted to try some different vendors tunes also. Its a lot less expensive than adding new parts.

My wife has restricted my car part spending after the recent suspension upgrade. But hey my headers turned into a new patio set, so that's prettycool... Ehh,I'd still rather have the headers and old patio furnishings.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:29 AM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

You can NOT upload tunes from the SCT to the pc, only download from pc to SCT. You'll need to have
Brenspeed email you the tunes. Then save them to your pc, thenbackup 'em up to CD. As far a your pc
not recognizing the SCT...not sure, I have the SCT Xcal II. You might try checking to see if the USB port
is bad, try plugging another device into it and see what happens.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:57 PM
vaporstang
2nd Gear Member

So if I get an email tune and upload it the the SCT, then it just deletes an existing Tune? It doesn't swap it out to the computer?

If so, I guess I'll call Brenspeed and ask if they will email copies of the tunes they gave already loaded on the SCT.

Thanks...
Old 06-09-2008, 10:38 PM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

Brenspeed will email you a copy of the tunes, does it all the time. And, yes...the tune you choose
to download to the SCT will overwrite (delete)the existing tune that's located in the slot you choose.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:54 PM
vaporstang
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for clearing that up! Now I need to call SCT Tech Support to clear up the other part.