Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Automatic Brenspeed Users

Old 06-19-2008, 03:00 PM
08StangGT_CS
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Automatic Brenspeed Users

BAMA's93tune makes my shift to third chirp every once in a while. Doing it to 4th and 5th is amazing. I'm going to call and ask for his tune! Now if only I could make the damn tires at least chirp when taking off [:@]!!!
Old 06-19-2008, 03:05 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

hold the brake in till about 2200 RPM and floor it as you release the brake.. you'll get some smoke (Make sure TCS is off). It took me awhile to even peel out when my car was new.. untuned ofcourse.. now the trick is to launch with as little peel out as possible for racing and when i say floor it i mean stomp down as fast as you can.. like your trying to crunch a giant centipede.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:12 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Chirping 5th gear? I don't see that happening with the mods he has in his sig.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:16 PM
smokestang
3rd Gear Member

I chirp2nd and 3rd everytime withbrenspeeds tunes. both 89 and 92 tune! never tried the 87 yet!. i can also roast my tires from a dead stop.never chirped above 3rd though...dont think its really possible with a otherwise stock motor ... you might just be hearing something that sounds like a chirp! when i chirp 2nd & 3rd it kicks me in the *** so i can definetly feel it as well as hear it!
Old 06-19-2008, 04:14 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mishri

hold the brake in till about 2200 RPM and floor it as you release the brake.. you'll get some smoke (Make sure TCS is off). It took me awhile to even peel out when my car was new.. untuned ofcourse.. now the trick is to launch with as little peel out as possible for racing and when i say floor it i mean stomp down as fast as you can.. like your trying to crunch a giant centipede.

ditto..
just make sure to hold the brake HARD because when experimenting with launches I tried holding
the brake,then letting off and then gassing it..spins the tires like crazy but won't launch it for shar lol [:'(][:'(][:'(]
Old 06-19-2008, 05:50 PM
joshetc
2nd Gear Member

Both the GTs I've owned chirped both 2nd and 3rd, with both bama and brenspeed 87 octane tunes. I think it is just cause the shifts are at such a high RPM.. if you lowered the rev limiter a bit and lowered the shift points a bit, the chirping would probably go away.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:18 AM
08StangGT_CS
2nd Gear Member

I've tried everything possible to spin out from a dead stop but nothing works! Hopefully I'll get those 3.73s installed within the next two weeks and that problem should be fixed.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:04 AM
mrsirawesomeness

Alright, I made a mistake, it chirps 2nd and 3rd only. I thought it was 4th and 5th because they shifted hard too. Since it happens for others then I will just let it go and keep on driving.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Going for broke
2nd Gear Member

mine chirps second good and third as well but it's much easier to hear when your not in the car. Brenspeed 93 octane tune.

The reason is shifts harder to chirp has nothing to do with rpm so much as it does with wot. when the car is wot is increases the solenoid pressure tocause the firmer shift. In the old days when you had a shift kit it banged gears whether you were on it hard or not. I like that it has a firm shift but doesn't chirp between every single gear every single time.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:47 PM
Mellowdien
3rd Gear Member

Isn't it alright to run a lower octane tune with higher octane fuel? I'm loading my 87 tune as soon as it gets here, Premium gas fluctuates between 89 and 91 overhere, i decided to play it safe and go with the 87 tune instead.

This was because i thought it'd be better than running a high octane tune(91/93) on low octane fuel (lower than 91).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Automatic Brenspeed Users