Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Dyno need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Flad

Default Dyno need help

I’m posting on behalf of a friend

It’s a 05 GT, with 6000 miles; mod’s were done at 3K.
Mod’s = Sniper chip, lower pulley I think its 4lb, full exhaust and CAI.

The dyno was done late last week at a local shop. The tuner said the spike was caused by the torque converter lock-up.
Also the AF takes a dive and then shoots up off the chart, not really sure what is going on,
I think it’s the chip. Any help would be appreciated.

http://img58.imageshack.us/my.php?im...p7goqj9li2.jpg

Thanks

Old 06-21-2008, 08:58 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Dyno need help

Lots of problems here my friend. First of all I've never heard of a Sniper Chip or how it's used. Secondly I don't know what you mean by 4lb pulley, and i think youdon't know what you mean either. The run was done by MPH, so without knowing the gear ratio you can't even tell if it was done inthe correct gear but since there is that spike, where yes, the TC is locking I'd assume it's 4th gear. IF so the TC is locking too soon. I suggest getting a REAL TUNER like an SCT or Diablosport from a REAL TUNER like Brenspeed, BAMA, or others and start over. Also, get your friend who owns the car or the owner of the shop to post up the specifics of the mods and the details of the run and we here can better help.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

That AF isnt accurate. There is no way the car would be making any power at over 18:1.
There should be a power losss on the chart and there isnt.

A 'lb' lower pulley only applies to supercharged cars. Im assuming the car has an underdrive pulley.
A chart in rpm instead of mph would make it easier to understand.

Since you are in Florida I would suggest getting it in for Justin at VMP Tuning to look at.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Flad

Unfortunaly I'm an 03 cobra owner sorry for my lack of indepth knowledge on the 05 + mustangs I assumed the lower pulleys (terminalogy was similar to the 03/04 cobras lower) my mistake.

I was also wondering why ithe dyno is in mph not rpm, very confused.
is TQ converter lock-up commonon chiped 05+ 4.6's
sorry meant to mention it's an Auto

again thanks
Old 06-22-2008, 07:57 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

No one buys a chip for these cars. If your friend did buy some kind of chip, i'd suggest selling it on ebay and buying a tuner from brenspeed.com or B@m@chips.com (note, not a chip). Also get an intake along with the tune/tuner.

These cars do not have any chip that gets replaced, the stock computer gets retuned via a handheld tuner.

ORIGINAL: Flad

Unfortunaly I'm an 03 cobra owner sorry for my lack of indepth knowledge on the 05 + mustangs I assumed the lower pulleys (terminalogy was similar to the 03/04 cobras lower) my mistake.

I was also wondering why ithe dyno is in mph not rpm, very confused.
is TQ converter lock-up commonon chiped 05+ 4.6's
sorry meant to mention it's an Auto

again thanks
Old 06-22-2008, 11:23 AM
Flad

It was bought, with the tune and mod’s already on the car. I recommended that he put in on the dyno just to make sure it was properly set-up. The dyno link is posted, sure seems that there is something wrong. and I would have to agree it must be the tune. Quick search on Google. And yes it is a program not a chip, again learning as I’m going.

Thanks