Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Engine problem Supercharged 4.6

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 11:32 AM
nafpalm

Default RE: Engine problem Supercharged 4.6

MAF has been cleaned several times -no improvement, the problems are still there.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:39 AM
nafpalm

moosestang (like your name by the way), hammeron andhaproot:

I will take a closer look at the vacuum hoses. The Ford diagnostic compurer tells that the MAF is OK, but it might be a faulty one anyway I guess. Thanks, for the input,I will get back when the vacuums have been checked.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:47 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Old 06-26-2008, 11:48 AM
nafpalm

moosestang - I do not know about the wires since I did not do the installation myself, but I will check them out as well.

Regarding the pedal sensor - I have the same problem with acceleration/deacceleration when driving in cruise control, wouldn't that exclude the pedal sensor? I do not know this so it is an honest question.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:02 PM
haproot

Yeah it's possible I guess that the MAF is throwing out voltages that it's not supposed to. To rule it out you could maybe trade with another mustang to see what happens. Should be easy to swap.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:34 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

I would swap in a new MAF, but fisrt check the MAF wiring. Tha Saleen taps in 2 wires to the MAF bundle. They come off the from drivers side of the blower and are attached to blower with a grey clip-on connection that looks OEM. Follow those 2 wires inside the loom to the MAF bundle and check the solder connections, (or what should have been solder connections).

Also, it would be nice if you could take some close up, detail pictures of your engine bay and some of the various connections so we could have a look-see.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:32 PM
nafpalm

drbobvs - Checked the wiring going from the MAF to the blower as you suggested. They were soldered and covered with glue-containing shrinking tubing. Pulled them pretty badly and they seemed fine. I will fix some pics tomorrow and post here. Guess the next step is to swap the MAF.

moosestang - Checked the general wiring and it seems like the only extension made during the installation is the tap-in on the MAF bundle.

The vacuum hoses alsolooked fine. All of them where connected (if I did not miss to check any that is) and when bending and twisting all of them seemed okwith no cracks or loose connections. Any other way to test them that I should try?
Old 06-26-2008, 02:46 PM
haproot

You could have a leakdown test performed. That would narrow down any leaks for sure.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:37 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackS197

ORIGINAL: exx1976

ORIGINAL: nafpalm

So why is one tune working and one isn't working anymore? Why is only one tune having idling problem recently while it has worked fine for 2 years before that? Wasn't really any useful answer you came up with, was it?

Please, I do not really need any wise guys to tell me what is SOP and not, I need suggestions how to solve the problem that has occured now.

The problem isn't really the uncontrolledidling , it is the immediate uncontrolled reving of the engine, and thus acceleration out of control, when driving. Would be really nice to be able to use the old PAS tune again.
Listen here, Newbie. You came in here looking for information. I'm simply telling you that two of the "symptoms" you describe are THE WAY THE CAR IS SUPPOSED TO BEHAVE, meaning that you needn't worry about them.

If you want to be a dick, that's your prerogative, but I doubt you'll get much help from anyone if you continue.

BTW - welcome to my ignore list.

Maybe your the problem exx. I have seen you not get along with alot of people and you saying your on my ignore list numerous times. Think about it?

I'm just less tolerant than other people is all. Everyone gets an equal opportunity. And I'm not all bad. Me and cataclysm even made up.

The part that really bugs me is that my post was 100% legit, and the answer that people seemed to likeis the one that I first proposed, the MAF. Granted, it doesn't seem like that's it now, with the suggestions of leakdown tests and vacuum problems (I should've thought of that - D'oh!). But the fact of the matter is that I wasn't being a ***** about anything, and some guy with one post is going to call me a "wise guy" and that my letting him know that two "symptoms" were by design "wasn't really any useful answer"?

Whatever.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:33 PM
stang910
2nd Gear Member

I think you should look into the pedal position sensor like moose suggested. Since cruise control allows you to accel with the pedal then go back to the set speed on decel it doesn't rule it out. If on decel it goes under the set speed then you can rule it out. The reason I think this is the problemis because you don't have any diagnostic codes. The computer thinks your pressing down on the accelerator and thats why it revs up and also why it wouldn't throw a code for a bad sensor. Just a guess I don't have any experience with drive by wire.

Quick Reply: Engine problem Supercharged 4.6