Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Traction?

Old 11-05-2008, 01:12 PM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

ahahha yea i drive without off also i could go in and remove the light but i will probually be getting me gauges so i won't matter
Old 11-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Solitear
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
I don't goof around in my Stang in bad weather...

07musclestang, sounds like you'll be posting about how you ended up in a ditch or through a fence at some point this winter. I have 37 years of snowbelt driving experience and I DO agree about going out and getting the feel for your car. Even with my SUV, I don't kick it into 4WD unless conditions are absolutely horrid, less I lose my winter driving skills. But pushing it the way you describe for fun and, yeah, you'll be supporting some towing company's annual costs.
+1

I don't play around in bad weather too many wrongs can happen all at once =(
Old 11-05-2008, 07:05 PM
xfactor95
1st Gear Member

+1 to 07musclemustang

although i dont drive my stang in the winter, i hated having to hit the button every time to turn of TCS. plus it always seemed that i forgot to hit it. there is nothing better than spinning your tires or going sideways at the drop of a dime.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:43 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

well i thank you for your concerns but i have been driving in alberta winters my whole life and always in a RWD. I am one of the few people who are proud to say I HAVE NEVER HURT ANY OF MY CARS. There is a difference between drifting through a turn and doing 60 through the turn sideways.(dumb) Sure ive tested the LIMITS in big wide open lots with no poles posts curbs ect... Ive got em on my list. I am also proud to say i drift my ambulance at work every now and then too.(just my partner in the bus) A big part of my job is driving and i take pride in it. I would never enter a slide i know i cant get out of and i swear its all in the throttle control.
PS about the 4X4 i think thats the devil. It gives you a false sence of security alowing you to drive faster then the road and your tires can handle. I always keep my truck in 2X4 (unless i get stuck) that way you can better feel the road. 4X4 will help you get going but will do jack about steering or braking.
PS You get about 10 days of pure ice weather in KY where as we get at least 150 so most ablerta boys can drift (on ice that is) I bet the guys up in NWT or Yukon can do even better...lol.. Do you compete in Ice Racing?? I do. its all drifting on ice.
Either way If i need a tow this year i assure you I will send a note and tell you your right.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:41 PM
Crazy Horse S197
1st Gear Member

This might be a noob question, but if i dont have a button for tc, do i have tc. If i do have tc how do i turn it off. I know someone is going to say just drive and hammerdown on it to see if the light comes on, but the car is not broken in yet.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:13 PM
GTtorch06
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Crazy Horse S197
This might be a noob question, but if i dont have a button for tc, do i have tc. If i do have tc how do i turn it off. I know someone is going to say just drive and hammerdown on it to see if the light comes on, but the car is not broken in yet.

Click the button I circled to turn traction control on or off.
(I'm assuming that you have a 2005-2008)
Old 11-07-2008, 01:26 AM
Crazy Horse S197
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTtorch06

Click the button I circled to turn traction control on or off.
(I'm assuming that you have a 2005-2008)
I do not have that button, there is a spot for it but no button.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:42 AM
GTtorch06
1st Gear Member

You have an 08 mustang GT? (what it says on you profile..)
Old 11-07-2008, 03:15 AM
Crazy Horse S197
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTtorch06
You have an 08 mustang GT? (what it says on you profile..)
Yes I have a brand new GT. Only had it for a month now. Looks almost identical to yours, color and everything.

Last edited by Crazy Horse S197; 11-07-2008 at 03:17 AM.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:43 AM
EndersGame

Originally Posted by Crazy Horse S197
Yes I have a brand new GT. Only had it for a month now. Looks almost identical to yours, color and everything.
Then something is really not right... either you 1 didnt get a GT, ie mis badged? or 2) you may have gotten the wrong dash unit installed either at the factory or perhaps it was replaced by the dealership for some reason (ie delivery damage who knows) either way you should have that button, as that button was released since the 2005 models.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Traction?