Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Stang colors

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 08:09 PM
welshstar
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Stang colors

Decision made

After a few days looking, the choice is now clear

Tungsten, silver stripes, red leather. 64E wheels, IUP

All i gotta do now is wait 4 friggin months !!

Steve
Old 06-01-2005, 09:12 PM
TeufelHunden_05

It looks like this new grey could be pretty popular. I think it is exactly what I was looking for but couldn't find in 05. I think it will look nice with some black stripes maybe a subtle cowel hood. Now just have to wait till I can buy one
Old 06-01-2005, 11:26 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I think that red interior only goes best with a white exterior. Never with Yellow!
I personally thought the red interior was overwhelming! Spend some time in one first.
If you don't go KOO KOO maybe you might be able to handle it!
Any links to that new grey color?
Old 06-02-2005, 04:39 AM
Scaught
2nd Gear Member

I have the red interior... BUt I was already Coo Coo before I got the car so who knows? i absolutely love it. Yes, it is Redfire and don't match perfectly but damn it looks very nice. Not a single person who has seen it in person has had anything but great compliments on it.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:37 AM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

Awesome choice Steve!!!

Sounds like it will be a great color!

Tip to guys replying to this guys post - when he has ordered a Mustang and its got a red interior dont reply by being negative and telling him to spend some time in one first - why not say something positive instead like the red interior rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!

I personally think the red interior of these GT's is one of the best features and I had the choice of a few colors - I would specifically only consider the cars with red interiors.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:50 PM
welshstar
1st Gear Member

Hi

Thing is guys this will be my first American car, ive always driven German or Japanese. I currently drive a 2002 Audi 3.0 Quattro which is a nice car but boring !!!

Its a testament to the Mustang that im switching to US car and i cant wait !!! the German or Japanese cars just dont seem interesting next to a 2005 GT

So if your going to make the switch might as well go for it big time so I think the red interior is essential, I dont think a stick GT is the right car for a wimpy liberal who might get upset at a criticism. Im taking the approach that if a people dont like it then tough s**t, i was just wanted a few opinions from experienced owners just to make sure I wasnt buying a color combo that would be commercial suicide.

Thanks for all the feedback

steve