Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

First time you saw your Mustang GT......

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 03:29 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Branomano06GT
Wait your stroker kit was free!? You know how jealous I am right at this very moment.. haha
Haha your car minus 2 payments was free know how jealous I am of that?!?!? But you'll really like this then

Old 12-18-2008, 03:32 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I guess I don't have any special stories about mine, lol, but here is what happened. I've had a string of pretty cool weekend toys over the years, so I'm jaded I guess. Its not an emotional experience for me anymore, its just business. When I bought my 07 GT, I was between the Mustang and a GTO. I was willing to buy either one but went to Ford first. The first dealer I went to tried to sell me a used '06 with 5000 miles. It was a 5-speed in black with red interior. They wanted too much money for it so I left and went to another dealer across town. They had no 5-speeds in stock, but about a dozen automatics. For grins, I drove an auto and liked it pretty well, but it was also Black/Red and I didn't want that color combo. So I walked around in back and found a gray one with black leather and just came back and told the guy I'd buy that one. The first time I sat in it was when I drove it away.

Of course I got bored with the auto (I should have known better!) so I traded it for my 09 a couple of months ago. I went to a dealer here in Dallas who were complete douches... just horrible. Rodeo Ford. They treated me like crap so I walked out on them mid-deal. The finance guy was a total ****, and actually told me that he didn't care whether I bought the car and that it was "nothing to him". He did this after I balked at his 10% interest rate. He stormed away from the desk all pissy after a massive overreaction (I must not have been the 1st person to turn him down that day), and I stood up and walked out without saying a word to anyone. They proceeded to call me about 15 times in the next 12 hours, lol. I finally just told them to stop.

The next day I went over to Bankston Ford who were much better to deal with. I was looking for a base GT, no extras this time (didn't want the loaded/leather this time). They had maybe 20+ GTs so I just walked around looking at each window sticker until I found the cheapest one they had with nothing added and a manual transmission. It was black of course, but I would have bought any color. I went back inside, gave them the stock # and bought the car. Again, the first time I sat in it was to drive it home... I ended up with like a 4% interest rate, proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that the other guy was indeed, a douche.

Last edited by Mudflap; 12-18-2008 at 03:35 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:36 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

You buy cars like my dad Mudflap, he won't even deal with the dealerships he does it over the internet now.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:37 PM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

Nice stories. I bought my friends 98' Explorer sport in July 2005, and was soon contacted by Ford to "come to the Pamona raceway and drive our new vehicles day"...... I did.

They let you drag the Mustang GT's 1/8 mile down the strip. It was a Silver with black stripes, with the red and black interior. I fell in love with the 05' Mustang GT platform from that day on. Best performance and visual design deal on the planet. I still love the car every day I see it, after over almost 3 1/2 years of having the fever. Erik
Attached Thumbnails First time you saw your Mustang GT......-img_4243aa.jpg  
Old 12-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by EagleStroker
You buy cars like my dad Mudflap, he won't even deal with the dealerships he does it over the internet now.
Yeah I always contact their "internet dept" first, THEN go over there these days. I won't fight with them either anymore. If they're being high pressure or dishonest, I just tell them I'm not a moron and walk out, lol. Its not uncommon for me to have to visit 2-3 dealerships to buy a car because I just won't take any crap anymore. I have on more than one occasion, had a dealer get the car I wanted from the other location who were jerks a couple hours before.

Last edited by Mudflap; 12-18-2008 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:07 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

I'm 19 and I still do the same thing honestly. He got swindled on the first new car he bought (A '78 Camaro) because they knew he wanted that particular one, so he made sure and taught me so I would never have the same experiences. I've been dealing with them for moms cars for 5 or 6 years, fun to barter as a 16 year old with a dealer.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

The best approach is not to get attached to any particular car until you have it at home. There are ALWAYS others out there unless you're buying some rare exotic, but most of us don't have that problem, lol.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:21 PM
ZeroIngold
2nd Gear Member

Wow I cant believe how cheap some of you got your stangs or how lucky you were to know someone to get a deal. And a free stroker kit damn thats sweet. Anyway my story started when I was 20 and decided to treat myslef to a 21st birthday/graduation present(college). I talked to my mom that I wanted to buy Deloren(Yea a Delorean I think its the sweatest car ever) But she said she did not think it was relyable and wanted me to have something newer. I told her if I didnt get a Deloren I would get a Mustang Gt she said that was fine(since she was cosigning). I went by myself to the local dealership and talked some bs and testdrove a 06 mustang gt deluxe no options. I loved the power but no way to buy so I told them id come back with my parents. Well my dad wanted me to go to Gillingham Ford because a long time friend of the familly worked there so I did. His name is Pete and I told him I wanted a dark black or blue color, 5spd, nice wheels, and no spoiler. So we went out back and he showed me a red one, gray, yellow, and another red one. All of them autos. I was like no all of these suck so he said we would go inside to look if we could find one at another dealer. As we walked back to the show room we passed this fully detailed black with red leather int. 5spd, polished aluminum rims and shaker 500. I was like what about that one. He goes over to it and he like hum ok ill check on it. Well I ended up going home with nothing and was highly disappointed this was on a friday night. I went to bed thinking off all the other cars I might get instead. I woke up at about 9:25 AM to my Moms phone call telling me she had just done all the paper work and was coming home to pick me up to take me to me car. I shot up out of bed and got ready so fast. She got there and I drove back to the dealership which is normally a 35 minute drive I got there in 15 miutes I was doing like 90 I was so exicited. I got there signed some papers and there it was freaking awsome. I have had it since may of 06 and since moded it a few times. I will never sell the car since my mother basically made it possible to purchase and has since passed away from breast cancer. I have since changed my emblems to the warriors in pink breast cancer emblems to dedicate my car to my mother. I have plans to paint the calipers black with the logo in the middle of them and maybe something painted on my hood. Sorry for the long story but its not everyday I get to tell it.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:43 PM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

Mine is a bit different.
See, its more like my wifes story. I already have a toy, and continue to spend money on it. She had been drooling over Mustangs for quite awhile. Anytime we pull up next to one, her window would go down so she could hear it. Then the S197s came out, and the drooling began profusely. Things were lining up well financially for us. No car payments, no credit card debt. Only the house and repair shop as debt. Yellow was discontinued for 07, and she just couldnt settle for anything but. Ford had 0% financing until Labor Day of 06, Which is when we got it. I found two yellow automatics identically equipped the way she wanted it, about 3 hours away at 2 dealers. I talked to each and picked one to go to. On the drive there, she had it in her head that it was only a possibility of getting it. I called the dealer while driving there saying we were about 2 1/2 hrs away. Salesman took my info over the phone and they do the no haggle pricing which was about $2000 off sticker. When we pulled up, the car was already cleaned, and sitting out front just waiting for us. Having never even driven one of these yet, I went for a 2 mile spin (figuratively and literally) before signing anything. The finance guy had most everything ready before we arrived so wifey took the kids to the bathroom, and I signed everything. She comes out and I handed her the keys and said "its all yours". At this point, it was like seeing someone win a car on a game show. Nothing could ruin this day.
We went to McDonalds for lunch, and sat down looking out the window at the car. Reality hadnt really sunk in yet. She was so surprised and happy that she was getting her dream car.
All 3 kids just HAD to ride in the new car, which left me all alone for the trip home.

I got it painted the way she wanted. I got some goodies I wanted. And that brings us to where we are today. This car will be staying with us for a loooOonng time.
Attached Thumbnails First time you saw your Mustang GT......-img_4162.jpg  

Last edited by SCCAGT; 12-18-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:47 PM
TheB1GDude
2nd Gear Member

I actually went to the dealership with the intentions of buying an 03 Mach1 as a weekend driver however it was sold by the time I got there...

I ended up trading in my truck and taking an off the lot 07 Mustang GT with 11 miles on the odometer as a daily driver...

Mine is 454 a month a 5 years... not cheap I know but only 50 bucks more than what I was paying for an 05 Explorer v6 so whatever its all cool....

Quick Reply: First time you saw your Mustang GT......