Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

C&L street/strip or racer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 08:14 PM
wildazme
3rd Gear Member

Default C&L street/strip or racer?

Just wondering which would be better for me to run on my car between the c&l street/strip or the racer intake. I am trying to get the most hp out of my car. The other mods on my car are mac axle backs, Bamachips tune, and steeda udp's. I have heard the c&l street makes more power down low but the race gets an extra 1 or 2 hp up top.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:31 AM
mustangman32

Not sure of all the details between the two but i'm almost positive the racer has a larger tube for the air to flow through with = good. Also i'm pretty sure the racer is the better option if you plan on doing more mods to the engine down the line. The only other thing that may be different is the type of material the intake itself is made out of but maybe someone else can correct me.

I just picked up the C&L racer intake and installed it a few days ago and I love it!
Old 05-24-2009, 09:02 PM
woulduno

Default Larger MAF

The racer comes with a larger MAF "tube", which gives it more air. It has been a bit, but I think the racer is a plastic tube, where the street is aluminum? I prefer plastic as I feel it does not hold the heat as much as a metal/alum tube would.

Due to the MAF size change, you must have a tune for it to work. So I think the street version is more for those who do not want to tune. But, if you are not going to tune, why bother? The CAI does not give a lot of gain by itself, perhaps a little less lag in the throttle, and more sound..

I personally purchased mine as a kit from BamaChips, and love the service he provides.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:27 AM
svt93style
2nd Gear Member

I'd go with the racer. What is the point of the aluminum? It will just heat up, weighs more as well.

I think the plastic makes more sense all the way around.