Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Computer fried (According to the dealer)...

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 08:05 PM
OSUTX440
3rd Gear Member

Update: I did go in and begin to raise some hell. I told them that I can't believe that they wanted to give me back a broken car, in worse shape then when I brought it in. When I got there and it wasn't running, I hooked up my Diablosport, and two codes came up, once was a PCM failure(I Think), and the other was a MAF code because the CAI was loose.

When the tuner came up, it wouldn't connect with the car, so I couldn't put a tune in it. But, at that rate, I just wanted to get out of there. First question, can I reboot my tuner to wipe out its memory?

End result, I told the tech, "Do you want my business? I mean, there are a hundred other dealerships I could go to." He quickly responded, YES. I did explain that as of Friday, he won't have to worry too much about my motor, because of the Supercharger thats getting added.

Second question: Are there any common parts that the S/C won't affect? Meaning that WON'T void my motor warranty?

Third: Any DECENT Ford Dealerships in Dayton(other than Townsends) or in Columbus?

Thanks for all your input guys, it is greatly appreciated.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:22 PM
kidnizmo
2nd Gear Member

Default lmao

Originally Posted by 157db
Yea, go postal and keep reaching for an imaginary gun...
(see: Gran Torino)
haha lol.....get of my lawn.........lmao
Old 07-02-2009, 08:32 PM
kidnizmo
2nd Gear Member

Default save your stang

dude load your stock tune back to the car, put the stock air box back on and get that car out of there. brenspeed doesnt need your old tune or cai if they are putting a supercharger on anyways. most techs at ford dealers are numb to the after market simply because they hate their jobs, and dont want to go home working on cars after woring on cars all day. ford treats their techs like garbage, even more so in todays economy. put your original strategy back in the car and go back to stock and high tail it off their lot...period!
Old 07-02-2009, 08:34 PM
Mustangs4U
3rd Gear Member

There is a shop in Dayton Ohio called Precision automotive that specializes in Mustangs.......Give them a call and see if they can't help you. I have many friends that went to them to have work done and everyone was happy.

(It's off 35 by the dealerships.....)
Old 07-02-2009, 11:14 PM
OSUTX440
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:14 AM
mustangtestuser
2nd Gear Member

If you ever have this level of dis-satisfaction with a dealer, then my advice is to call the Ford directly. There is a 1-800 number buried somewhere in the owners manual just for this purpose. (Customer service hotline or something.)

The dealer may not respond to you, but they will respond to Ford. I've had to do it before with a car from a different manufacturer. You wouldn't believe the difference in the way the dealership will treat you and how quickly the problem gets solved.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Leoleo
3rd Gear Member

To the OP. You took the car with a custom tune and CAI installed and the dealer knows this. You're out of luck. You just voided your warranty. I'm sure they made a note about this on the Ford "Oasis" system. Any Ford dealer can look up your car based on VIN and read anything done by any other dealer. Also they can review the notes, as can Ford. Ford (not a dealer) will Void your Ford warranty. Ford will look up your car, by VIN, whenever a warranty claim is made, and see that a dealer note a custom tune and CAI install. Anything on the engine, PCM, electronic, will be VOID. And not think the Moss whatever ACT will protect you. It won't, sorry.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:30 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Sounds like they reflashed your PCM and, if so, your existing tuner will no longer recognize the strategy code. Sounds like they really screwed you up.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:27 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by Nuke
Sounds like they reflashed your PCM and, if so, your existing tuner will no longer recognize the strategy code. Sounds like they really screwed you up.
Yea the dealership knew what they were doing to screw up your CAI mod.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:21 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

in hind sight you should have returned the car to stock intake/tune before bringing it in..

Quick Reply: Computer fried (According to the dealer)...