Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

E-force ordered

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 07:25 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

Yes, and it has the largest intercooler on the market and runs cooler than any other supercharger...... except maybe a Roush TVS which is a similar design.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:00 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Last edited by BruceH; 01-01-2011 at 08:58 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:20 AM
timfoster405

Shane... so you are going with a custom tune from JDM, GT500 pumps, larger cold air kit w/ 90 lb/min MAF?

Is this with the 3.50 pulley? I would also get the 3.25 pulley. Edelbrock sells them for like $37. When I called JDM, the dude on the phone was trying to sell me one for like over $100... something like $138 or something... and I thought he was nuts...

When I purchased my kit from Tillman, I ended up buying the 3.25 pulley for $37.

One more thing, if you are going with the 3.50 pulley, please make sure JDM sells you the right length. Email Rob Simons to verify the correct length. I saw where he gave you his email address on the Edelbrock forum.

I am using a length w/ my 3.50 pulley that is practically the stock length... I think 101.5 length. I think the stock length 101.7".

Anyway, make sure the belt is the gator back version also (heavy duty).

The same belt (101.5) will work with either pulley's, 3.5 and 3.25. This length is very tight on the 3.50 pulley and seesm to work well. I have not had any belt problems.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:11 AM
shanec
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the tip. My stuff is on the way. I will check into that when it gets here.

I had this internet-goober idea. I've got a web cam doing nothing on by my computer desk. I might set it up in the garage for the install. Surely there's a place that hosts webcams for free....

Come one, come all - watch Shane do an E-Force install. And text him if you notice him screwing something up. LOL
Old 08-21-2009, 10:36 AM
shanec
4th Gear Member

Oh yeah, its a 3.5 inch pulley. Jim Jr had to talk me into upgrading to that one. LOL I'm trying to be conservative.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:52 AM
geocomp
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by shanec
Thanks for the tip. My stuff is on the way. I will check into that when it gets here.

I had this internet-goober idea. I've got a web cam doing nothing on by my computer desk. I might set it up in the garage for the install. Surely there's a place that hosts webcams for free....

Come one, come all - watch Shane do an E-Force install. And text him if you notice him screwing something up. LOL
Sounds like a great idea. I will be watching to see if you make the same mistakes I made. I am just about done with the install of Saleen S/C. I started on Sunday, put about 6 hours into it. Then worked on it each night this week for a couple hours. I should be able to start her tonight or tomorrow.

Good Luck with this install! I have had alot of fun doing it.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:36 AM
shanec
4th Gear Member

What mistakes did you make?
Old 08-21-2009, 12:11 PM
geocomp
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by shanec
What mistakes did you make?
Nothing major, Just little things.

For example, I was trying to following the instructions to a tee. The instructions would say basically secure part with nut, so I would. Then later on realize I had washers left over and realized they should go on with the nut. The directions didn't say anything about the washers. So I had to go take off the nuts and put the washers on. Silly things like that.

Oh and when I went to secure the S/C onto the engine I was trying to use the stock bolts. Which I think would have worked except on the Passenger side furthest back, which of course was the last one I put in place. I re-read the directions twice for this step becasue I couldn't get the last bolt in place. On the third finally saw in the first sentence to use the supplied bolts. I lifted that dam S/C on and off the engine like four times trying to figure out why that last bolt wasn't going in place.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:22 PM
timfoster405

Shane... for what it is worth... don't wait till the last minute to get your belt in hand... it happened to me and drove me nuts for a whole day...

I would email/call JimIII and ask what size was sent and then confirm with Rob Simons of Edelbrock. I have a sneaky feeling JimIII is sending you a longer belt as compared to what Rob will say.

thanks.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:50 PM
rm9792
1st Gear Member

Mine had horrendous issues that all turned out to be tune related. Ford Dealer was confused so i took over to a dyno and they got it all straightened out. Base pull with Edelbrock tune and all stock but some stock GT500 cat backs was 395 RWHP and 375 ft/lbs @ 102 degree weather. This is a far cry from the claimed 466. After the tune it was 424/400. Considering the heat that was good enough for me. One mistake I have made was i changed the alternator for a PA Performance 200 amp and didnt think to swap the Edelbrock pulley on to it. Guess what, the belt didnt line up and I didnt notice as it is kinda hidden. I dod notice when it shredded going down the road. I did do the GT500 pump upgrade before tunig and it does make a difference because you will run out of fuel before you can get the blower tweaked fully.

Quick Reply: E-force ordered