Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

E-force ordered

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 11:22 AM
shanec
4th Gear Member

Default E-force ordered

Add me to the blown crowd. Woo-hoo!!! 6-8psi coming my way.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:05 PM
Vectorpat
2nd Gear Member

Congrats!!! Let us know how it goes..
Old 08-19-2009, 06:34 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

congrats shanec, i know you've done a lot
of researching, so i'm sure it's a relief to finally
get something ordered.

good luck with the project and let us know
how it goes.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:48 PM
DarkJFMan
2nd Gear Member

Grats man... One day... one day.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:17 AM
timfoster405

Default e-force...

Congrats...you won't be disappointed. The only problem you will have is wanting more...Ha Ha.

I saw where you ordered the base kit (I think). Is you car a 5 speed? or auto?

What I have learned from the e-force is to expect the following?

Base (emission legal) kit at 5.5 to 7.5 psi using a 3.875 pulley:
466 crank hp, 422 rwhp for manual and about 400 rwhp for auto. The tune from Edelbrock is based on a 91 octane (I think). If you don't care about the warranty that you can buy from them for you car... are you even purchasing the warranty from them? you can get it custom tuned by someone like Tillman and get a little more based on the 93 octane.

Going w/ a GT500 fuel pumps and Competition air and smaller pulley has netted me what you see in my signature. Stage 1 is a 3.50 pulley, and stage 2 is a 3.25 pulley. Those power levels were with an axle back exhaust only.

I did install JBA shorties and magnaflow high-flow x-pipe and saw increased torque (up to 12 rwtq) from 3000 to 5500, but the overall peak power hardly changed. Uncorrected I saw about 12 rwhp... even with the DIN correction, I saw about 10 rwhp increase... but the SAE correction show hardly no overall power increase going with the aftermarket exhaust. (very confusing). I think the SAE correction puts too much weight on the humidity percentage.

Good-luck!!
Old 08-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Starfire
3rd Gear Member

Yeah you can add me too, just set up for the Saleen install at Brenspeed.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:20 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by timfoster405
Congrats...you won't be disappointed. The only problem you will have is wanting more...Ha Ha.

I saw where you ordered the base kit (I think). Is you car a 5 speed? or auto?

What I have learned from the e-force is to expect the following?

Base (emission legal) kit at 5.5 to 7.5 psi using a 3.875 pulley:
466 crank hp, 422 rwhp for manual and about 400 rwhp for auto. The tune from Edelbrock is based on a 91 octane (I think). If you don't care about the warranty that you can buy from them for you car... are you even purchasing the warranty from them? you can get it custom tuned by someone like Tillman and get a little more based on the 93 octane.

Going w/ a GT500 fuel pumps and Competition air and smaller pulley has netted me what you see in my signature. Stage 1 is a 3.50 pulley, and stage 2 is a 3.25 pulley. Those power levels were with an axle back exhaust only.

I did install JBA shorties and magnaflow high-flow x-pipe and saw increased torque (up to 12 rwtq) from 3000 to 5500, but the overall peak power hardly changed. Uncorrected I saw about 12 rwhp... even with the DIN correction, I saw about 10 rwhp increase... but the SAE correction show hardly no overall power increase going with the aftermarket exhaust. (very confusing). I think the SAE correction puts too much weight on the humidity percentage.

Good-luck!!

That's cool. You and I will have the same E-force configuration, midpipe, and cats. Differences are that I have a 5 speed instead of auto and LTs instead of shorties.

Did you lose any boost with the headers? Jim Jr tells me to expect 1-1.5 lbs less boost with longtubes. Not a bad thing. It just increases the hp/boost ratio slightly.

I haven't seen anybody post results from an E-force with LT's. I expect to see some interesting power-to-boost ratios. Rwhp/boost won't be earth-shaking at peak rpm, but in low and mid range it should be impressive.

My only concern now is making too much power for my comfort level. I asked Jim Jr to make the tune VERY conservative. If it runs 475 or something like that, we may pull the tune back.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:22 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Starfire
Yeah you can add me too, just set up for the Saleen install at Brenspeed.
I am still trying to chose between the suspense and satisfaction of self-install vs the money & certainty of having a shop do it.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Starfire
3rd Gear Member

Well if you figure you get a 150 gas credit if you drive there, which is pretty silly becasue how else are going to get there (I guess tow) and the install is only 650, so that's 500 for the install, you can't beat that!
Old 08-20-2009, 04:57 PM
MN Mustang

Is the base kit intercooled?

Quick Reply: E-force ordered