Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

So my Paxton Novi 2200...

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 09:38 AM
CalmLikeaBomb
2nd Gear Member

Default So my Paxton Novi 2200...

gets delivered on Tuesday of next week. I truly can not wait, since this is the first boosted car Im expecting to put down 400+ at the tire. Its like waiting for Christmas Day to come as a kid again.

I do have a few questions for you gurus out there that you might be able to answer:

1. Ive heard conflicting numbers on what is "safe" to run on a stock block and tranny. 420/450/450? Ive also heard that torque is what kills trannies and motors too.

2. What is optimal injector duty cycle for the 39lb injectors along with the KB BAP?

3. What target A/F ration should I be reaching safely for during the dyno pulls?

4. I heard that if you drive under 3 grand all the time its like basically driving a non boosted car since its a centri? Is this true? This car is my daily and I drive about 5 miles into work each day and somedays never hit a redline.

Basically I bought the kit from Brenspeed, and im getting it installed at a shop Ive trusted for many years. So Im trying to educate myself enough to know what to look for. I hate going into something completely ignorant, so Ill ask a lot of questions.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:31 PM
2007VistaBlueGT
2nd Gear Member

Ford markets a 550HP Whipple kit so I go with that. Duty cycle can be 95% it's only when your full throttle anyway. 11:1 is a safe A/F for a forced induction car.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:13 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by CalmLikeaBomb
gets delivered on Tuesday of next week. I truly can not wait, since this is the first boosted car Im expecting to put down 400+ at the tire. Its like waiting for Christmas Day to come as a kid again.

I do have a few questions for you gurus out there that you might be able to answer:

1. Ive heard conflicting numbers on what is "safe" to run on a stock block and tranny. 420/450/450? Ive also heard that torque is what kills trannies and motors too.
Many agree that 450 RWHP is a "safe number" for stock internals. If running slicks then I would worry about the trannie and the neck snapping TQ when using slicks

2. What is optimal injector duty cycle for the 39lb injectors along with the KB BAP?
Just like stated above 95% or less at WOT.....the lower the duty cycle the better (even at WOT)
3. What target A/F ration should I be reaching safely for during the dyno pulls?
at WOT anywhere from 11.3-11.7 depending on many other factors. 11.5 is about spot on for FI....I was at 10.9 and pig rich....now at 11.2-11.5 and gained HP and resolved start issues with the tune
4. I heard that if you drive under 3 grand all the time its like basically driving a non boosted car since its a centri? Is this true? This car is my daily and I drive about 5 miles into work each day and somedays never hit a redline.
regardless of what type of S/C you wont make boost unless WOT (not exactly cause at 50% + throttle you will make some boost) but overall you wont be in boost unless you call upon it and cruising or just going thru the gears you wont be in boost for the most part. (normal everyday driving)

Your tune will have spec parameters that are met every time you go WOT....if your not WOT your adaptive learning can and will adj to your driving....so if it feels different (raging bull most the time when first installed) and over time it seems more sluggish or slower when cruising/norm acceleration then its the adaptive learning just adj to your driving habits. This can be reset with a simple battery disconnect for 15+ mins.....and no you dont have to reload the tune after you do a disconnect.

The idle might be erratic after but the car will adj and adapt to that after a few start ups...... this is my exp and from what I read that I feel is fact.

Basically I bought the kit from Brenspeed, and im getting it installed at a shop Ive trusted for many years. So Im trying to educate myself enough to know what to look for. I hate going into something completely ignorant, so Ill ask a lot of questions.

hope it helps....and anyone correct me if I am wrong or off in my advice
Old 08-28-2009, 07:53 AM
CalmLikeaBomb
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the info guys! Its really appreciated! I cant wait!
Old 08-28-2009, 08:01 AM
bigmike0405
1st Gear Member

you guys just answered alot of questions for me too!

Hope you like the supercharger bud! I am still saving money
Old 08-28-2009, 10:53 AM
CalmLikeaBomb
2nd Gear Member

Wow now I really cant wait, the car is beign dropped off on Monday
Old 08-28-2009, 05:18 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

You can go all the way to redline without any indication of it being supercharged. It's all in the % of throttle you give it. That goes for all superchargers and turbos. They all use some kind of system to bleed off boost until you stomp on it.