Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New 2010 Mustang GT Premium

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 08:18 AM
wise_jonny
1st Gear Member

the challenger has a nice front grille =D

AZ MSCL-did you say you have kids?
Old 10-27-2009, 08:41 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Lucky guy... and gal, both great looking cars.

If you haven't gotten the hang of posting from Photobucket yet, let me help.

1) Go to your album on Photobucket and run your cursor over the pic you want.
2) As you do this the IMG code appears in a small window under the pic.
3) Select the code and copy it.
4) Paste it into your MF post as is.

Thats all there is to it.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:45 PM
AZ MSCL
1st Gear Member

Default Yup

Originally Posted by wise_jonny
the challenger has a nice front grille =D

AZ MSCL-did you say you have kids?
Got two. And yes, the Challenger is the new family car (don't laugh). No way on the Mustang. The Suburban went bye-bye once the wife said she wanted her own car. We might be able to borrow my sister in laws trailblazer if we need to for trips.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:51 PM
ttiguy

Originally Posted by AZ MSCL
Got two. And yes, the Challenger is the new family car (don't laugh). No way on the Mustang. The Suburban went bye-bye once the wife said she wanted her own car. We might be able to borrow my sister in laws trailblazer if we need to for trips.
Nah you can pack em in the stang. When I was a kid my dad piled the wife and 3 boys into an '85 mustang 'vert and drove from MI to FL for 3 straight christmas vaca's.

Toughened us up!
Old 10-27-2009, 07:29 PM
AZ MSCL
1st Gear Member

Default Hah!

Originally Posted by ttiguy
Nah you can pack em in the stang. When I was a kid my dad piled the wife and 3 boys into an '85 mustang 'vert and drove from MI to FL for 3 straight christmas vaca's.

Toughened us up!
Toughened up indeed! Last trip (awhile back) was in a Hyundai Sonata. The kids were fighting within 5 mins, we'd have to separate them after awhile, (one of us would have to sit in the back) and we were ready to kill both of them daily. Friggin' nightmare. Wife packed up to leave one night, but she came back after an hour or so. Maybe I'll bring a Taser next time...
Old 10-27-2009, 08:05 PM
redrocker66

Congrats on your Mustang!

I'm shopping for one right now, thinking that with the incentives right now, it might finally be the time to get my first Mustang after, oh, 25 years of waiting!

Can you let me know what the MSRP of your car is? I'm interested in knowing just how much of a discount I should be chasing with my dealer.

Thanks,

Rod

Originally Posted by AZ MSCL
Wife's new car, testing out Photobucket to see if I can upload pics this way. We got it Friday night for about $30,000, fully loaded with standard wheels. If no pic, I guess I still can't upload photos.

I guess you have to wait for the minimum time/post numbers, whatever it is. Sorry, the avatar is all I can muster for now...

Old 10-27-2009, 08:30 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

I can tell you mine was 34,500, in april only 1,000, for last month 5,000 off ticks me off, i actualy went back and asked to re-negotiate, no dice.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Hoofprint
2nd Gear Member

Those stripes on the Mustang are incredible!!! Where can I get that stripe kit?!?!?!
Old 10-27-2009, 10:38 PM
AZ MSCL
1st Gear Member

Default I'll do my best

Originally Posted by redrocker66
Congrats on your Mustang!

I'm shopping for one right now, thinking that with the incentives right now, it might finally be the time to get my first Mustang after, oh, 25 years of waiting!

Can you let me know what the MSRP of your car is? I'm interested in knowing just how much of a discount I should be chasing with my dealer.

Thanks,

Rod
This was a late night transaction, wife found the car and did the negotiations. Before they detailed it, I saw the DEALER sticker (not the factory one) and it was $39,000 something with dealer add-ons (it is an auto and fully loaded except for the comfort package). We bought through the internet and got a huge discount. I'll bet invoice was around $35,000. We paid less than that, plus got $1500 off (incentive) plus another $500 (military) for a total of $2000 off. The final net cost was around $31,000-32,000 I think (we had a trade in too, so I'd have to look at the paperwork to be exact). I wanted the sticker (to keep) but it disappeared before I thought to ask for it. Always buy through fleet sales (includes internet prices), they will give you the best deal. Just make sure you know exactly what you want and fight your way past the salesmen. If you find one on the internet, call that guy, he should be in fleet. This was a very easy purchase, no haggling except on my trade (I actually got 500 more than what I paid for it - a used 07 Suburban). The price initially put on the table was so low I knew they wouldn't come down anymore. It was like $1000-2000 below dealer invoice, minus another $2000 in incentives. Pretty sweet.

The stripes were added by the dealer before we bought the car. It was a custom job done by their graphics contractor. If you take a picture of mine, most any graphics company can replicate it (use good quality vinyl or better yet, have them painted on). They are flat black. I think they are similar to the Boss graphics used on the early 70's Boss Mustang, but not positive.

Last edited by AZ MSCL; 10-27-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:32 AM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

my stripes??? i had these painted by AutoArt in raleigh, nc $1,800 black , then covered w/ bright pearl red , then 4 coats of clear

Quick Reply: New 2010 Mustang GT Premium