Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Loving the Sound Induction Tube!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 12:45 PM
blackout gt
1st Gear Member

are you guys saying to remove it so you can hear the engine more... do they all have the plug from the factory ?
Old 12-25-2009, 12:54 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

all 2010's yeah you can pull it out from inside car.
Old 12-25-2009, 01:00 PM
blackout gt
1st Gear Member

great just found it..now have to wait for this damm 2 feet of snow to go away ....see if the sounds has changed... have you heard a changed and do you like it.... Bobby
Old 12-25-2009, 01:08 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

check your pm blackout
Old 12-25-2009, 06:16 PM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by blackout gt
great just found it..now have to wait for this damm 2 feet of snow to go away ....see if the sounds has changed... have you heard a changed and do you like it.... Bobby
Yeah, I'm sick of the snow, too. How people in MI live through winter baffles me. We've had over 50 inches of rain this year. When I retire I'm moving west!
Old 12-25-2009, 06:51 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

if you know where UP is we would get 350 " snow a year, no fancy cars, a truck, a bike, a snowmobile, lived in south since 74, then started getting nice rides. but will roll through MI this summer and stooping at shaftmaster on way up, hope fits in the trunk.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Edge35

Originally Posted by GTJT2010
all 2010's yeah you can pull it out from inside car.
Sweet, I'm definitely taking the insulation out to see how it sounds. Problem is I'm laid up right now recovering from chemo (yeah, it sucks) so I can't get out there at the moment.

Will you guys be kind enough to spare me a little searching and tell me where to locate the insulation? How easy is it to access from inside the car? Do you need to remove any portion of the dash? I've never looked under the dash to investigate where the tube comes out but I want to get all my ducks in a row so once I don't feel like I've been on an all night bender I can get out there and do it without a bunch of messing around.

Thanks!

Edge
Old 01-13-2010, 07:22 PM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

It's in a slightly extreme position to the top left of the clutch (or brake) pedal. No need to remove any parts but if you have normal adult-sized fingers it's really easy to push it back into the tube in the process. A set of needlenose pliers will help.

Godspeed with the chemo.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:22 PM
7up
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Edge35
Problem is I'm laid up right now recovering from chemo (yeah, it sucks) so I can't get out there at the moment.
Sorry to hear 'bout that. Chemo is some very nasty stuff.

Will you guys be kind enough to spare me a little searching and tell me where to locate the insulation?
The easiest way is to follow the tube from the inside of the engine bay to the firewall. Then you will be able to see approximately where it enters.

It's located in east beJesus.... seriously, it way up on the firewall, far left, between the clutch pedal and the sidewall.

Do you need to remove any portion of the dash?
Nope.

I don't [want to] feel like I've been on an all night bender I can get out there and do it without a bunch of messing around.
It's not that bad, but I'm not sure how rough your chemo is/was: you'll need to twist yourself onto your back, flashlight in hand, and look up there:

Old 01-13-2010, 07:25 PM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Awesome pic 7up!

Quick Reply: Loving the Sound Induction Tube!