Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Bolt ons

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Misbehavin
2nd Gear Member

I have noticed many tuners on the market. Is there one particular one that seems to work better for the Mustangs than another?
Either is fine, but if you have a shop close to you, using the tuner they are most familiar with makes sense. Especially if at some point a dyno tune is in your plan.

With that being said, SCT use is probably much more common at most shops.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:43 PM
bigblue15
1st Gear Member

i own a diablosport predator with the 93 octane torque, performance and race custom tunes from bamachips...the tunes are great, but unfortunately i've had a freak thing happen with my diablo...it ends up that the diablo has a feature where every time you restore the stock tune to the car it resets itself and erases all the custom tunes...i didn't hear about this before i bought it and i'm pretty upset right now because all you have to do to fix that is back up the tunes on your comp, but unfortunately i didn't know about this before i restored my stock tune (i did this cuz i took it in for inspection) and lost all my custom tunes...and to further add on to my great luck, apparently bamachips is going through some trouble right now and i can't get in contact with him to see what i can do about this problem...so overall- bamachips and diablo are great, i've loved them since the second i got them, they just have some problems that would be easier to just not deal with, for the time being at least...i've heard some great things about brenspeed tho and im actually tryin to get in touch with them right now to see what they can do for me
Old 02-05-2010, 12:52 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tylus
CAI
Custom Tuning
4.10 gears

those 3 things will run you about $1,000-1,200.
.. ditto, I wish the auto came with these mods standard.

Totally different car.

Dropped an entire second off my stock 1/4 mile.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:50 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tylus
CAI
Custom Tuning
4.10 gears

those 3 things will run you about $1,000-1,200.

the CAI + Tuning will gain you about 15-20 HP...and the gears will give you another simulated 10+ HP gain.

make the car a whole other beast. the 4.10 gears aren't suited for FI though...as previously said, you really need to decide a flow path, and then go that way. otherwise you'll be throwing money around and backtracking mods
Exactly what I did..............its a whole new car........awesome.

Every post in this thread is spot on...........follow their advice. Dont install that cai without having a tune ready to install too. Brenspeed, bama etc....no generic tunes.

patrick
Old 02-06-2010, 11:48 AM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

Just a thought. Isnt the K&N intake a tuneless one? Meaning, it doesnt flow enough air over the stock intake to make a difference to require a tune? My point in asking is why get it, when for the same or a little more, you get a better intake that can take advantage of a tune?
Old 02-06-2010, 01:27 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Too late he already bought it. Might want to try and return it. I am not sure how well they flow myself.

patrick
Old 02-07-2010, 11:29 AM
Txbatman22

I installed the K&N CAI yesterday and I could tell a noticeable difference. I know it's not a radical difference but I'm not looking for radical. I'm just looking to add some bolt on HP. I think I will go with the Diablo Predator, after talking with a few people, for my tuner then add some headers and X pipe. Reading what some of you guys have...you guys have some crazy setups...very nice!! I appreciate all the suggestions!
Old 02-07-2010, 01:49 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

That tune is where the power is.. but not sure how much it'll gain with the stock MAF housing, thats where the key to additional power is with the CAIs..
Old 02-09-2010, 01:21 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

The tune is everything............dont deny yourself the big grins your missing!!

patrick
Old 02-09-2010, 06:01 PM
bigblue15
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
The tune is everything............dont deny yourself the big grins your missing!!

patrick
amen!! the tune is definitely worth it...and alright this may be a stupid question but is the MAF housing the tube that goes from the intake to the TB?

Quick Reply: Bolt ons