Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

SHOULD HAVE KNOW BETTER THEN TO TRUST THE SERVICE REP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 11:55 PM
rojizostang
2nd Gear Member

yes, i have them i hand.

you can probably purchase a 2v tool on ebay or some place and return the dealer's. at any rate, in order to protect my investment and to make sure i get the tools return, i ask for $150 up front via paypal, and when the tools are returned, i refund $100. i like to get them back promptly.

now i have no i trader rating on this site, however i hang around over at s197forum.com and i have a 100% rating over there.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:50 AM
Big50
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by motorman524
Actually there are the same amount of words in either title. So yes, the second one would make more sense you *****.
Really? i would think your being a little ridiculous. The op is clearly just venting on a very upsetting and time waisting situation. If you want to nit pick and pretend that you don't get what he really meant, go ahead. But, you seem to come across as the "*****".

Op, how much power are you expecting to see from the cams?
Old 02-20-2010, 08:26 AM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Well on the bright side, my valve covers came out awsome! Sure the coating is not as good with the spray enamel as compared to the powder coat but for $11 instead of $270, I'm not complaining! I'll get some pics up later
Old 02-20-2010, 08:30 AM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rojizostang
yes, i have them i hand.

you can probably purchase a 2v tool on ebay or some place and return the dealer's. at any rate, in order to protect my investment and to make sure i get the tools return, i ask for $150 up front via paypal, and when the tools are returned, i refund $100. i like to get them back promptly.

now i have no i trader rating on this site, however i hang around over at s197forum.com and i have a 100% rating over there.

Eh, I trust you man, actualy I have already had you recomended to me. I just cant have that much money tied up right now, so I think I'm just gonna suck it up, wait for mine to come in from backorder and have a set forever. I already have the wedge tool... just waiting on my spring compressor.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:37 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

I understand the frustration. But they were just trying to do you a favor right? They didn't have to loan you anything. And you knew it was the wrong tool for the job but decided to proceed anyway. I doubt they were doing this intentionally to inconvenience you. They were ignorant.

**** happens dude.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:35 AM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Big50
Really? i would think your being a little ridiculous. The op is clearly just venting on a very upsetting and time waisting situation. If you want to nit pick and pretend that you don't get what he really meant, go ahead. But, you seem to come across as the "*****".

Op, how much power are you expecting to see from the cams?

Thanks for the support, I didnt think I was being unresonable, but i hold no grudges... When i posted last night it was after hours of work and realized I was dead in the water.

As for the cams, Brenspeed says they made 70RWHP on there saleen with these. I dont REALLY think I will make that much, but should be really good. Easily 30+. I would hope more near 50+ but well see.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:13 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Actually there are the same amount of words in either title. So yes, the second one would make more sense you *****.
Your insult and name calling was un-warranted based on what I read to that point in the thread.

Go back and read the rules
Old 02-20-2010, 10:14 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Did you even read your post? This is clearly not worth arguing about...
But yet YOU started crap about it...
Old 02-20-2010, 10:22 AM
Mad419iou1

JDWalton, what dealer did you go to?? If I ever actually need to go to the stealership for anything I'd like to go to one with a competent service manager.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:35 AM
Big50
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JDWalton
Thanks for the support, I didnt think I was being unresonable, but i hold no grudges... When i posted last night it was after hours of work and realized I was dead in the water.

As for the cams, Brenspeed says they made 70RWHP on there saleen with these. I dont REALLY think I will make that much, but should be really good. Easily 30+. I would hope more near 50+ but well see.
no problem. those should be some nice gains. i would imagine with your mods you have to be at near or above 520 whp once the cams are done.

Oh, thanks for that link for the fuel pumps that you posted in another thread. Saved some good cash.

Quick Reply: SHOULD HAVE KNOW BETTER THEN TO TRUST THE SERVICE REP!!!