Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

FRPP Power Upgrade Package

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 09:56 PM
cidsamuth
2nd Gear Member

Ahhhh, makes more sense.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:18 AM
2010V6Stang
BEWARE! Possible Scammer

Ok, I have the FRPP Exhaust and Tuner. First I personally listened to many exhaust clips and to me the FRPP defintiely sound the deepest and most bestly IMO. As far as the tuner goes, I does add a little power if you are looking to stay under warranty but I have given up on my warranty and going with Brenspeed. I would sell you my FRPP tuner for $200 if you want one lol.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:17 AM
livinloud98
2nd Gear Member

I have the FRPP dual exhaust on mine and the FRPP sway bars. Pretty satisfied with the two upgrades. Then again I bought the car with these things already installed. I probably would have went aftermarket if I actually paid for it just because FRPP is pricey.

The exhaust sounds beautiful and looks hot. And the sway bar, the car has little to no body roll, handles great. The tune and drop in air filter I wouldn't go with FRPP, the tune is probably very conservative.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:13 AM
distantsoldier
2nd Gear Member

yeah...my car comes s/c'ed from factory....so I have a smaller pulley, cai, and custom tune....got the cat-back exhaust too, but that doesn't really help hp wise
Old 02-22-2010, 03:38 PM
swat 79
2nd Gear Member

Distant the catback doesn't help you out? I was under the impression that any "breather" mod will help with FI.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:52 PM
Mustangmaster
3rd Gear Member

I just installed the FRPP CAI with Brenspeed tunes that replaced the Granatelli CAI with Brenspeed tunes. The FRPP upgrade is probably a little stronger but, it was already good and strong so it's not really noticeable. It's much smoother though.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:24 AM
Frantz
2nd Gear Member

MORE IMPORTANTLY: The description indicates that the steel will get a layer of rust on it, to protect it from further rust...????

WTeverlovinF?
It's not as stupid as it sounds. A layer of oxidation (aka rust) will help prevent deeper oxidation because the surface area has FeO2 or whatever rusted steel is so its "balanced" therefore the inside steel isn't exposed to as much straight O2 and the outer steel doesn't share what is has. I failed chem so i'm sure someone can explain it better.

Basicaly it's not stainless!
Old 02-24-2010, 07:15 PM
Xibar
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Frantz
It's not as stupid as it sounds. A layer of oxidation (aka rust) will help prevent deeper oxidation because the surface area has FeO2 or whatever rusted steel is so its "balanced" therefore the inside steel isn't exposed to as much straight O2 and the outer steel doesn't share what is has. I failed chem so i'm sure someone can explain it better.

Basicaly it's not stainless!
Ok... so how does it look to have your nice new pipes slowly taken over by rust? Has anyone seen this and can attest to how it looks?

I don't want old rusty exhaust pipes on my brandy new 10GT.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:38 PM
2010V6Stang
BEWARE! Possible Scammer

Mine are all rusted, but what are you gonna do, if you drive it they will rust. Nothing you can see without a jack though. Im fine with it. More mad about how my rear axle is covered in rust.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:51 PM
Xibar
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2010V6Stang
Mine are all rusted, but what are you gonna do, if you drive it they will rust. Nothing you can see without a jack though. Im fine with it. More mad about how my rear axle is covered in rust.
You have a '10 and you already got the rust? Then I must, too.

Stupid chemical reactions.

So even with the new FRPP Rusty Exhaust Package, I'm not going to really see any of it as it sits on the blacktop I guess? I'd think for that much $$$ you'd want something stainless so it'll last more than a few months.

Quick Reply: FRPP Power Upgrade Package