Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What to get first?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 08:49 PM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

What brand did you go with Bruce? How much boost you planning on running Candyman?
Old 03-22-2010, 09:12 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Last edited by BruceH; 01-02-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:59 PM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by contentsunderpressur
What brand did you go with Bruce? How much boost you planning on running Candyman?
I'm getting the Kenne Bell stage 2 kit, the stock pulley is 9psi, should be 475-490whp, we'll see
Old 03-23-2010, 01:01 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BruceH
Steeda. Adjustable on the uca. I don't think brand really matters. Almost anything is better than the stock units.
I have read a lot about wheel hop yet I havent had any issues with it. I have made about 35 passes at the track. I bought my car used. Would it be obvious if the previous owner changed something when looking under it?

Is this a mod you can install in the driveway? Any specialized tools to do it?

patrick
Old 03-23-2010, 02:49 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

No mod out there is gonna be enough.. trust me. I thought I'd be happy with CAI/tune, 4.10s and headers, but I want more. I realized I spent too much money for only 280whp lol. If you really want some power now, I'd get the CAI/tuner and then save up for a blower.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:46 PM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

808muscle, you can change the upper and lower control arms in your drive way. I didn't have too much trouble changing them on my 03. Just the exhaust in the way.

Stealth, I did that exact thing on my last one. I jumped from stock with gears to the blower. After a year of 353 rwhp on 8 lbs of boost I bumped up to 12. After another year of that a friend of mine over reved it and burnt a valve. I built it all out after that and went to a 3.2 pulley and 75 shot with a stand alone fuel system for the nitrous. Even then the 2v only made 505 rwhp. That was with 3.2 pulley, 75 shot, longtubes, stage 2 patriot heads and stage 2 crower cams. Another buddy of mine with a 05 gt put a non intercooled vortech at 14 lbs of boost and longtube headers and made over 500 rwhp so the 3v heads must be doing something right.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:49 PM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
I have read a lot about wheel hop yet I havent had any issues with it. I have made about 35 passes at the track. I bought my car used. Would it be obvious if the previous owner changed something when looking under it?

Is this a mod you can install in the driveway? Any specialized tools to do it?
if the previous owner installed the parts they'll look noticeably different than stock parts. the stock parts are cheap looking stamped metal pieces. aftermarket parts will be tubular or billet and stand out from the stock stuff.

how bad wheel hop is partially depends on the amount of traction you have from your tires. the stickier the tires you have the less slip you'll get and the less hop you'll have. my car right now with stock 235's hops pretty bad. I'm going to get my new set of wheels and tires since that'll help the most, then I'll start upgrading the other parts.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:15 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by contentsunderpressur
808muscle, you can change the upper and lower control arms in your drive way. I didn't have too much trouble changing them on my 03. Just the exhaust in the way.

Stealth, I did that exact thing on my last one. I jumped from stock with gears to the blower. After a year of 353 rwhp on 8 lbs of boost I bumped up to 12. After another year of that a friend of mine over reved it and burnt a valve. I built it all out after that and went to a 3.2 pulley and 75 shot with a stand alone fuel system for the nitrous. Even then the 2v only made 505 rwhp. That was with 3.2 pulley, 75 shot, longtubes, stage 2 patriot heads and stage 2 crower cams. Another buddy of mine with a 05 gt put a non intercooled vortech at 14 lbs of boost and longtube headers and made over 500 rwhp so the 3v heads must be doing something right.
lol "only"505whp lol

Why did you get rid of the 2v? Or do you still have it?? sounds pretty stout to me. Call me a ricer for it, but I totally would have put on a Cobra bodykit and called it a day with 505whp.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:26 PM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

I sold it when my second baby was born. Forking out 800 a month on a baby sitter and the diapers and formula was too much. lol. Our oldest is starting school though and our explorer was beat so we picked the 08 up two weeks ago. The black 03 was stout though, it ran perfectly. Last pass made on the gas it ran a 6.88 1/8th mile and twisted both of the mosier axles. I sure miss it.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:41 PM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

oh well, building the car is half the fun, now you can start over