Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

No longer a Mustang Gal

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 12:20 PM
nite
3rd Gear Member

have you considered bringing it to another dealership???
Old 04-10-2010, 09:40 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear all these problems. I had a ton of issues with my 2006, got the 2008 and I love it.
Good luck with the new ride.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:58 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

Anyone need any parts, lol? Pull off the t-stat hold-down bracket for me, lol! It's like 1 bolt that holds it on.
(Bad, huh!)
Old 04-11-2010, 12:54 PM
RetroGT2006
2nd Gear Member

$1600 for a Throttle body, are you kidding? They were raping you because you were a girl and had no idea what was going on. A brand new TB is well under 500$ and thats for a polished FRPP TB or GT500 one.. Man, sorry to hear your car went- hope your next car is better. My 06 GT has 50k on it and it runs better then new. I race it daily and beat the ever living **** out of it. I think you bought a used GT and it was a lemon/horribly been abused..
Old 04-11-2010, 06:10 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Same with my 06 with 55K miles.
Nothing broke yet, perfect car so far...
Only replaced the battery but in FL, 3 years is about only what you get out of them.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:03 PM
RetroGT2006
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Same with my 06 with 55K miles.
Nothing broke yet, perfect car so far...
Only replaced the battery but in FL, 3 years is about only what you get out of them.
Aint that the truth!! Hey pascal, how you been buddy? Haven't gotten to see yah and chill since the waterford lakes show. I gotta PM you about some parts for the stang.. I MIGHT be looking to get something painted on my car and i also may be looking into the GT/CS rear.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:33 AM
boomee
2nd Gear Member

hope you find what your looking for there are tons of performance cars out there camro challanger sti evo 370 vette sorry to here about your luck
Old 04-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Jujudoll

actually my husband was the one that took it in. If I did I would have chewed some ***. (I'm the mean one) I knew that they would be more expensive going to the dealership, but the reason I did was because I had figured the warranty would cover it. And it doesn't matter what dealership now since they already declined most of it. The only part they would cover was $497 for the instrument cluster & the emergency break. So the total is still over $3,000. We ended up filing bankruptcy in December and put the car on the list to surrender it. But so far we haven't heard anything! It's still sitting in the driveway. We just got our discharge last week so we are fine on that. I just don't know what to do with the finance people for the car. If they let me keep it.... Which I know won't happen. But with all of the money I'm saving now, I would fix her up.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:59 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jujudoll
actually my husband was the one that took it in. If I did I would have chewed some ***. (I'm the mean one) I knew that they would be more expensive going to the dealership, but the reason I did was because I had figured the warranty would cover it. And it doesn't matter what dealership now since they already declined most of it. The only part they would cover was $497 for the instrument cluster & the emergency break. So the total is still over $3,000. We ended up filing bankruptcy in December and put the car on the list to surrender it. But so far we haven't heard anything! It's still sitting in the driveway. We just got our discharge last week so we are fine on that. I just don't know what to do with the finance people for the car. If they let me keep it.... Which I know won't happen. But with all of the money I'm saving now, I would fix her up.

If you bought it in 06, and are paying that much on it, i assume the cash value you owe isn't that much anymore. With the cost to repair it, they may vary well just leave you with it. They already made there money off you. I think a lot of it depends what the closing is on the bankruptcy
Old 04-13-2010, 10:33 AM
Metroshica
2nd Gear Member

620 dollar finance payment? Your credit must not be too great.

Quick Reply: No longer a Mustang Gal