Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Need advice: Car possibly totaled while parked?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 04:09 PM
UsedToBeDodge

Yeah man I hope all works out for you...I had a dodge charger in June (V6 with some mods) that I loved to death and had put a LOT of hard work into, but one morning driving to work 3 deer ran into my car...now I've got the GT...everything happens for a reason and hopefully the damage is just cosmetic and the frame isn't touched. What insurance company do you have?
Old 08-08-2010, 11:34 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Unforunately it doesn't look totaled. The idea of getting a five oh is the upside. Good luck, glad you were not hurt.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:37 AM
douglasland
2nd Gear Member

So given that the car was parked the insurance companies have already agreed that this wasn't my fault. I will be looking into the diminished value as I have lost a ton in value. My body shop's owner came by to the house today on his own time to look it over and he is up for the task. Thanks for all the support everyone.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:27 PM
STANGmole
2nd Gear Member

If it's your insurance company paying out you're screwed on diminished value (most companies have a clause in the contract that they will pay to repair it 'as new' or total it for FMV). If it's the lot's insurance you have no contract with them so it is an option.

Let me know how it turns out for you...I'm going through the same hassle with mine!
Old 08-28-2010, 04:50 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

One of those insurance companies have new car
replacement insurance just for a wreck like yours.
AllState?
Old 08-28-2010, 08:14 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Ouch, that blows! As for the driver, they wouldn't need the hand controls after I was done with them! JK. Those things are tricky!

Are there any after market bumpers out for the 10+ yet? Gotta be someone that makes one to make it look better then what Ford did to it. Thats the route I would go for sure!
Old 08-29-2010, 08:37 AM
douglasland
2nd Gear Member

Just an update: i'm in elongated dispute over replacing the hood. They want to repair it and i'm really not pleased with the level of subjectiveness in how we determine if it is right. I created another thread where I asked anybody to measure the front lip of their 2010+ hood but no one has yet. If anyone is willing to measure theirs that would be really helpful.

Most of the bumpers i've seen move the fogs and I really prefer the look that i have now. I'm going to swap out the dark pony for the bright chrome and I had them get the GT500 rear valance. With so much paint work needed I am seriously considering getting stripes painted.

Half the exhaust has to be replaced so i am considering getting the FRPP stingers M-5230-SA.

The more I customize the car with the insurance money the more difficult it will be to claim DV. Apparently it is getting really tough to get DV in CA but my case is strong. If I can get the hood i may just get the car modified and move on with life.

Thanks for everyone's support!
Old 08-29-2010, 02:23 PM
10KonaBGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by douglasland
Just an update: i'm in elongated dispute over replacing the hood. They want to repair it and i'm really not pleased with the level of subjectiveness in how we determine if it is right. I created another thread where I asked anybody to measure the front lip of their 2010+ hood but no one has yet. If anyone is willing to measure theirs that would be really helpful.
What exactly do you want a measurment of/from?
Old 08-30-2010, 03:05 AM
douglasland
2nd Gear Member

Hi 10 kona,

I'm looking for a measurement of the front lip of the hood. This would be measuring the along the length of the arc and not just the width of our hood.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-30-2010, 06:50 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

sorry to hear about what happened to the car, and I wish you the best getting everything repaired to your liking..

Quick Reply: Need advice: Car possibly totaled while parked?