Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Got served by a ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 11:44 PM
Grey2011GT
1st Gear Member

a try at uploading an image of my stocker
Old 05-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Lupo222
2nd Gear Member

Location: Camp Lejeune, North Carolina and Fort Lauderdale, Florida

dude, i'm trying hard to decipher your grammar and phrases...some of the comments you made don't make any sense to me at all!

I think you might be getting a little too excited while typing!

That being said, Pirelli PZero's are garbage. At least from my experience and most the people I know that had higher HP cars with them on them. Definetly better tires out there. i love teh GForce KDAs I got on my car.

And yes, you can run a 275 tire on the stock rims. Brembo brakes don't affect it. (correct me if im wrong someone).

As far as racing an ISF, I got a crack at one at the track once. We were running with no clock, so I don't know his time, but I beat him by about 2 1/2 car lengths. I didn't launch as I can't launch well yet with my supercharger, so he pulled me nasty out the gate but i made it all back up rather quickly. I'm running about 405rwhp with an aluminum flywheel and 4.10s.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:17 AM
Grey2011GT
1st Gear Member

Default Got served by a ???

Originally Posted by Lupo222
dude, i'm trying hard to decipher your grammar and phrases...some of the comments you made don't make any sense to me at all!
'{{{YES I HAVE A LITTLE ISSUE WITH COMMUNICATION. I RAMBLE AND am hard to follow and jump subjects... Youve got me , yes I have issues I am working on ..I am not a good communicator but I try . Medications make Sorry i am here like everyone else depending folks who are more experienced with the new generations of muscle cars. I have a character flaw . have anxiety disorder But I try to deal with it ." {{{ please patience with me . i am trying to participate.

I think you might be getting a little too excited while typing!{{{ and then some{{{

That being said, Pirelli PZero's are garbage. At least from my experience and most the people I know that had higher HP cars with them on them. Definetly better tires out there. i love teh GForce KDAs I got on my car.
{{{{{Thanks for the tip , they seem to have good numbers ,performance above 60 degress. temp and grip that blows my mindin the twistys . If its a garbage tire is it the milage thing ONLY???
I just never had traction as the Pzero 255 40 zr. I am impressed by everything about the tire (ride quality ,im disabled ) but the milage even no burnouts wear FAST{{{{{

And yes, you can run a 275 tire on the stock rims. Brembo brakes don't affect it. (correct me if im wrong someone).{{{THANKS for that info {{{

As far as racing an ISF, I got a crack at one at the track once. We were running with no clock, so I don't know his time, but I beat him by about 2 1/2 car lengths. I didn't launch as I can't launch well yet with my supercharger, so he pulled me nasty out the gate but i made it all back up rather quickly. I'm running about 405rwhp with an aluminum flywheel and 4.10s.
{{{I think not completley disabling traction control lost my race with the ISF.{{{

{{{I tried some trails yesterday with eveything "off" and i didnt feel the hp drop[ off as when the race occured.{{{

{{So I am thinking a tuner would be the place to start.{{
Old 05-13-2011, 10:46 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Grey2011GT street and strip section people know quite a bit..

sounds like you should have bought an automatic, especially if you were losing ground on shifts... yeah.. everyone wants a manual and they think they drive well.. truth is, most people can't shift as fast/at the right time as an auto... those who can are rare. so if you are interested in having the car for racing, auto is the way most people should go.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:52 AM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mishri
Grey2011GT street and strip section people know quite a bit..

sounds like you should have bought an automatic, especially if you were losing ground on shifts... yeah.. everyone wants a manual and they think they drive well.. truth is, most people can't shift as fast/at the right time as an auto... those who can are rare. so if you are interested in having the car for racing, auto is the way most people should go.
very true. If you aren't going to be racing all the time however, I feel like stick is much more fun to drive and keeps the feel of the muscle car better than an auto. I am admittedly not the best manual driver, but I made a commitment to buy a stick when I bought a sports car, just because it seems like it's how it should be. No hate, just personal preference.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Jeckler

Originally Posted by Roush05
very true. If you aren't going to be racing all the time however, I feel like stick is much more fun to drive and keeps the feel of the muscle car better than an auto. I am admittedly not the best manual driver, but I made a commitment to buy a stick when I bought a sports car, just because it seems like it's how it should be. No hate, just personal preference.
At this point I can't remember if I heard this somewhere, or made it up myself...

"A musclecar has eight cylinders,three pedals, two doors and one driveshaft."

Old 05-13-2011, 01:34 PM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

My new favorite quote right there
Old 05-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Grey2011GT
1st Gear Member

Default Got served by a ???

Yes I bought the stick because its pleasurable to drive the twistys, this is my 6th(or so ive lost count) manual trans vehicle. 1967 mustang with close ratio top loader,87 stang 5 speed ,61 ford 3 on the tree, 3 speed CJ5 5 speed wrangler,4 speed 460 F250 500 hp. Sousa Bros Racing . So ive been driving manuals since 18 years old,47 now.

Ive had my share of wins and losses thru the years, I used to go back and inspect my burnouts and see rubber connecting, not some nice big gaps from some wannabe struggling to nail the next gear.

Sure im not the fastest and likely no match for the automatic....but if my post is reviewed carefully ....I said I felt the power taper right after the 1-2 shift. 2-3 was looking maybe a chance at holding , then again the 3-4 shift I felt the same sluggish feeling right after the shift...We we coming up on merging lane and traffic so had to cut it. Single lane road no second chance.

i also mentioned I had Advanctrak on ,not sure if that effected the performance. And again i will repeat in testing ive shifted the hell out of that car ,6k miles now. Its performed way better and I had not had that lag before .

Anyone have an unexplained lag ever.

Its easy to assume by ones grammer,story ,interpretation, ect that I dont know how to shift correctly and should be driving an auto.

I bought the car specifically for performance driving , and was bored sh**less with the auto i test drove(for no other reason the nearest manual GT was 150 miles away) the following week I drove and bought the 2011GT.
I didnt buy it for the trak ,whether quarter or road course, my rural county roads are some of the best driving roads and motorbike roads in the state.
So I guess posting some of my wins, in the Kill section ( and I have beaten a few cars,ONE loss so far) maybe that would impress enough to get some of the smarter faster shifting racer x's out there off my butt about being a krappy driver. "dont know what youre doing" , easy to say if you were not in the passenger seat

funny enough,its not the hints or direct insults when I dont know anyone personally,or that reading can be misinterpreted, that bug me with the Lexus saga. its the wife that reminds me daily

and now for my list of mods . Tinted rear glass and a full size spare and used ebay jack,and a rusty 4 cornered lug wrench .
Old 05-13-2011, 04:52 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

IMO automatic = fail for a muscle car. No way would I own a automatic mustang, no pun intended that's just me.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:09 PM
Descena

Originally Posted by 2008GT/CSBuckeye
IMO automatic = fail for a muscle car. No way would I own a automatic mustang, no pun intended that's just me.
i agree - i frown and wave off anyone that has a v8 or greater and has an automatic. part of racing, whether on the track or the street, is being able to hit the shifts at the right time. that's what makes you a good driver and a good racer. its 90% car, 10% driver - that 10% makes a difference when you cross that finishline in first- JMO

and everyone gets beat - ive beat every car i came into contact with, as stock, out here in germany until one day, this black sedan just completely buried me. and this guy knew it. it was some new mercedes, i believe. he was so far ahead of me it was difficult to make anything out. it was so embarrassing...

Quick Reply: Got served by a ???