Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

V3

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 09:35 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
We are not talking about a thousand dollars more for the intercooled vs non intercooled version. We are talking savings for your pocket after it was done
making it worth it.. We are not talking saving up for twice as long or anything. I think the savings vs the time most people would need to save would make it worth it.

We all have our opinions though.
It just depends on which you value more. The savings or getting it right now.
I say patience is a virtue.

Plus, again.. you could use the money you save from doing it all at once for another mod.
There's PLENTY of fun in that and a little more time saving would be worth it to me!

Not to mention not having to worry as much about heat soak while you have to save up even MORE money in the long run to add the intercooler later!
Being it get's around 98 degrees here, I don't think it's worth going without it. I know patience is key, but damn I still haven't learned lol. I will wait for the blower, maybe cam in the mean time
Old 08-25-2011, 09:38 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
Not sure if you considered other sc's but if you havent then you should. Im assuming the vortech interested you b/c its cheaper. I would get familiar with each application and the delivery of power. I always tell people to first read all u can when deciding. Dont let the money sway you either way. IF u can save 4000 then u can save 6000.
Very true, I almost bought the roush last year when the went on sale but wifey said not right now lol. Agree, 4 you can easily save 2 more.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:39 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
I was surprised as well, but it sure did get heat soaked quickly during the summer. Winter I had to take it off due to it's BS issues (don't ask lol)

Trust me. It's only fun until things get hot. Even with a custom tune and 93 octane, it's fun is only temporary without some sort of much needed cooling system. I have the air to air now and I really should have went this route the first time around.. 10 psi and cool boost!

I can hot lap it and still run 12.7@110mph where as back when I had no intercooler, it would be 13.5@105mph.. imagine that
Wow, big difference.... Thanks for all the input...waiting here
Old 08-25-2011, 09:43 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

The blower will be my biggest purchase. Thanks for the input, I'm going to wait and do it all at once - the right way.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:39 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

any blower not require taking the whole front apart for the IC, as in it it incorporated in the blower unit itself that sits on the manifold?
Old 08-26-2011, 08:39 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

The front bumper is a piece of cake for removal.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:25 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Yep. Given you have done it a few times before or you are a professional, you can get that front end apart quickly and focus your time on the important stuff: getting the plumbing in for the intercooler and bolting all the supercharger in.

Is the V3 impellor a smaller diameter wheel than previous versions? If so, that would be great especially in mitigating and hopefully eliminating belt slip.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:20 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

not sure if the size differences are that significant, other than it being self lubed (eh? lulz)

It's smaller than the Paxton 2200 H.O. though, I know that.

Haven't experienced any belt slip yet..