Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

a few Qs...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 07:23 PM
05sonic_bluGT
1st Gear Member

Default a few Qs...

hey... im new in the mustang world so i got a few questions...
1. is there anything like "free mods" that you can do to the new stangs??
2. WHERE CAN I FIND PERFORMANCE PARTS!!!???
3. im not sure but i think that ive heard that the new stangs have a weak rear-end... this true??
4. why does the shifter feel so weak... it feels like im gonna break something...
THANKS IN ADVANCE...
Old 09-12-2005, 07:55 PM
whackbag
1st Gear Member

Default RE: a few Qs...

It really depends on how much money you want to spend. I assume that you want to keep it cheap. Check out a Cold air intake with a perfromance tune. You will need to buy a tuner as well. I think Brenspeed.com offers this.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:17 PM
05sonic_bluGT
1st Gear Member

my bad... i guess i should have told my mods b4 huh??... i already have a k&n cai and slp loudmouth... but thanks anyways...
Old 09-12-2005, 08:57 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

only free mods is to reduce body weight and take out that air restrictor (but you already have a CAI).

check this link for ideas on mods to do and how much money it will require. also, ask a lot of questions to current members about different brands and results b/c i am sure that b/t all of us, every mod for the new GT's has been purchased. that is one advantage you have that we that got started really early never had.

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/05gt.htm

good luck with everything
Old 09-16-2005, 02:23 AM
Redfire
3rd Gear Member

As for performance parts, look at some of the ads on this site, or check out Mustang car magazines. They're full of performance ads. The new Stang has a good 8.8 rear, and it's not known as weak. As for the stock shifter, it's feces, so get a Steeda Tri Ax, [expensive but very good] or a Hurst. You didn't mention if you had a performance tune, but either a Predator or SCT will add noticeable ponies. Welcome to our world.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:41 PM
05sonic_bluGT
1st Gear Member

thanks redfire... thats exactly what i needed... i was just fixin to post, askin what i could expect out of a tuner... i figure i can get a little more than usual since i already have the intake and exaust... also... the car wheel hops like crazy... i found that out the other night at the track... it doesnt do it on the street though... LCAs?? thanks again...