Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

UPR Suspension Products..

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 03:34 PM
SSKILLER5.0
2nd Gear Member

Default UPR Suspension Products..

Anyone running any of their products on the 11-12 GT? Looking to start the suspension work on my car and honestly I know nothing about these guys. I know all the big names but that doesn't always mean anything. Thanks
Old 03-12-2012, 03:49 PM
Whiskey11
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SSKILLER5.0
Anyone running any of their products on the 11-12 GT? Looking to start the suspension work on my car and honestly I know nothing about these guys. I know all the big names but that doesn't always mean anything. Thanks
http://www.corner-carvers.com/forums...=25368&page=23

Read from post 900 on...

Your choice on if you want to support them or not. I'm sure their products are "fine" for use, but I would rather not.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:58 PM
SSKILLER5.0
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Whiskey11

Read from post 900 on...

Your choice on if you want to support them or not. I'm sure their products are "fine" for use, but I would rather not.
Damn that is intense had no idea..guess I will be looking elsewhere if all that crap is going on..
Old 03-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Old Mustanger
3rd Gear Member

Read from post 900 on...

After reading that, there is absolutely NO WAY I would spend my money on their products. Thanks a ton for sharing that link!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:15 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

I run their rod-end bushing double adjustable LCAs. I was unaware of the internet drama until this point, but I'm extremely satisfied with the parts I run from them. I'd be disappointed if it turned out that the design of these LCAs was stolen from another company, but until someone posts evidence to the contrary, I have no reason to assume that. I am satisfied with their products and customer service.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:58 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Our suspension works very well. We have won countless championships with the 79-04 cars, and our 05-12 suspension is just as good. We've been 9.90 @ 133 with our Pro Street (non-race) suspension on our 2010 GT and Lethal Performance has set some records with their Shelby & GT on our suspension.

I won't tell you that UPR is the hot setup for roadracing, because we didn't jack around with wheelbase changes, instant center, roll center, or any of the other changes roadrace guys obsess over. But our Pro Street suspension with good shocks and serious rubber will handle better than the majority of Mustang owners can utilize when it comes to the twisties. For the most hardcore roadracers, Griggs & Agent47 are on another level.

All of our suspension is Made in America, it carries a Lifetime Guarantee, and MF.com members are eligible to receive a 10% discount on it.

Read from post 900 on...

That is about as off-topic as it gets, while still discussing UPR products. I won't waste another minute of my time in that thread. I'll just point out that silverhorse has an agenda, and they are not telling the whole story. (they're local to us, and we have a long history with them)

Damn that is intense had no idea..guess I will be looking elsewhere if all that crap is going on..
Originally Posted by Old Mustanger
After reading that, there is absolutely NO WAY I would spend my money on their products. Thanks a ton for sharing that link!
That's exactly how Whiskey11, and a lot of the anti UPR fanboys want you to respond. Just remember, you can't believe everything you read on the internet. There is a SMALL group of people that don't like us. Unfortunately they are a very vocal minority. So they follow me around on a lot of the forums cluttering up the UPR threads with a bunch of garbage that in most cases is completely untrue.

I'm a racer. I'm not going to engage in a 4-hour debate on fuse box covers. But this thread is about suspension. The good thing about performance parts is that their performance can be measured in numbers. Either the parts work or they don't. With that in mind, I say that if anyone wants to claim that their parts are superior to ours, let's race! Chances are, we have UPR customers competing regularly at a racetrack near you. If roadracing is your thing, well, as I said we're not fully devoted to open track racing. However, I'll be running my S197 on UPR suspension from front to back at Sebring in May. I'll post a full and honest report on this forum when I return from the event. I feel very confident that the test will be a success, based on how well the car handles on the street.

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
I run their rod-end bushing double adjustable LCAs. I was unaware of the internet drama until this point, but I'm extremely satisfied with the parts I run from them. I'd be disappointed if it turned out that the design of these LCAs was stolen from another company, but until someone posts evidence to the contrary, I have no reason to assume that. I am satisfied with their products and customer service.
Thank you for sharing your experience. We did not steal the design of your LCAs from anyone. And I'm not surprised that you're "extremely satisfied" with our suspension on your car. OUR SUSPENSION FLAT OUT WORKS. Trust me, I would know. I've been using it for ten years!
Old 03-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Whiskey11
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by UPRSharad
That is about as off-topic as it gets, while still discussing UPR products. I won't waste another minute of my time in that thread. I'll just point out that silverhorse has an agenda, and they are not telling the whole story. (they're local to us, and we have a long history with them)
Yeah, their agenda is protecting THEIR property from blatant ripoffs. What is the whole story? You've had ample opportunity to tell the UPR side of the story and DONT.

My point of posting the link was about the integrity of the company, not about the products. You'll see I said "I'm sure their products are "fine" for use" but to some people integrity of a company is just as important as the product they put out. If MM or Griggs or Agent 47 blatantly ripped off their competitors products and lied bold face to customers about it how well off do you think they would have ended up? I know it's important to me as a customer.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:10 PM
Weather Man
1st Gear Member

I am gonna sound harsh here. I read the link were the guys are complaining about UPR eating there lunch, and well, they sound like small time losers. The talk was about how they could sabotage UPR. The stuff about designing a defective part is so moronic it is unbelievable. Hats off to the engineer who raised the bull**** flag.

I didn't hear a single peep about how they could become more competitive with UPR. I didn't hear anything about how we can control unit cost to eat UPR's lunch. I didn't hear anything about how can we grow our company to be a more effective competitor. If you have high labor cost, you had better have the productivity to justify it. The old days are gone, IT IS a world economy. It sucks in a lot of ways, but just bitching about it, and not reacting to it, puts you out of business.

It isn't just autoparts...take your pick. If you stay small, you had better stay nimble, or you are gonna get your clock cleaned. Walmart proved that to every 5 and dime. I am in car sales, so maybe I am a little more sensitive about competition. The dealers around us that stayed sharp during the recession are still here...the other ones, not so much.

Anyway, my car is a mutt, so I guess I fall in the grey middle...difficult for the small guys, but price does matter. $$$$$ + perceived quality = indivual choice
Old 03-13-2012, 05:39 AM
SSKILLER5.0
2nd Gear Member

Appreciate the responses. Hope I didn't stir up a pot of crap with this post I'm just looking for the best suspension for my money. As for the issues with UPR there are two sides to every story. Not one for just taking one persons word for how things are I did quite a bit of reading about these issues last night. And as usual there are two sides to the story. Not going to say what I think because this board isn't for bashing and arguing for me its just talking about mustangs and thats it. But again I do appreciate the responses I'm always interested in whats "going on". UPRSharad thanks for the professional response in the face of that *** ripping thread I read about you guys you are probablly a better man than I am that would have tipped my boiling pot in the wrong direction..
Old 03-13-2012, 07:31 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

The OP rec'd an answer to his question. Before this gets outa hand...

...topic closed.