Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Subtle Seatbelt noises...

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 08:29 PM
Slappy3243
1st Gear Member

Question Subtle Seatbelt noises...

This is one of those weird types of things. I probably have OCD like tendencies, but I am going to ask anyway. The noise is coming from the piece(s) that direct the seatbelt over the driver's shoulder. The seatbelt arm is notched so that it will lock in different positions based on driver's height. Mine in locked in the highest position. Anyway, the first sound is like a scratchy type of sound. I think it's just the seatbelt fabric being run through the arm. It is just right next to my ear, so I hear it. The second sound is like a slight tick or something. Let's say that you drive over a patch of dirt and you can hear the stuff being kicked up and it sounds like a bunch of ticks as they hit in the wheel-well. Well, the seatbelt issue sounds like a tick, but only here and there. I can't really replicate it well when I am not in motion. There may be a third sound where there is some give in where the arm meets the other piece that seatbelt goes through. It is more like a slight clunk. I didn't notice it until after I picked up my car from the dealer to get the GT500 spoiler installed. The only thing they changed was the seat position. I moved it back to where I feel comfortable shifting and driving, but these noises limit my ability to enjoy my vehicle. I don't even know how would describe this to a dealer, lol. It's not a major issue, but I am wondering if any of you others experience this. Let me know, thanks!

-Adam
Old 07-05-2012, 06:23 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Are you taking the correct dosage of your Ritalin?

If it really bothers you, have a tech along for a test drive.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:57 PM
MoshpitMad
3rd Gear Member

You aren't playing your radio loud enough, or you need at least an axleback.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Slappy3243
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Are you taking the correct dosage of your Ritalin?

If it really bothers you, have a tech along for a test drive.
Well, Ritalin would make a person with OCD worse in most cases. If I had ADHD or something similar, it would be the way to go. I am just an anxious person by nature and things tend to get to me, especially when it comes to my vehicles. Even more so since it's brand new. I am not sure I would even drive with a tech on this one. He can most likely say that any car is never going to be 100% rattle or noise free.

Originally Posted by MoshpitMad
You aren't playing your radio loud enough, or you need at least an axleback.
The radio thing helps. I am holding off on an axleback or catback for now. It has enough rumble as a daily driver. I can drive the Firehawk if I want some loud rumble.

On a side note, I found the gauge cluster color combination I like. Red gauges with white halos, and red ambient light .