Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Second messed up order. PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 04:03 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

It'll look the same no doubt.. Very rare they would change the style in one year from the previous model and they're at work on the 2015 for the next gen
Old 09-07-2012, 04:40 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JonnyW
Thank you guys for all the feedback I slept on it and took a look at my options that came with the car. The 401a with comfort package might be nice to have at times, plus I get the pony projector lamp which is always a nice touch. I guess I do like the 401a touches a lot better than the stock. Only thing that sucks is the extra 160lbs without the Recaros.. but then again why not just remove my a/c, radio, etc if I'm going to be that extreme xd

As far as the exterior package goes; I was going to modify that anyways. I'll just rant when it comes in about not having scoops/louvers/pedestal.

What do you guys think about the 401a package??
And what do you think the new 2014 Mustang will look like? Lol my dealership tried to sell me one of those, saying they'll look the same as the 2013 when rumors of a modern update are flying around.
I would highly encourage you to listen to the other military members on here who said you should probably wait to buy it.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:13 AM
orlando569

Johnyw, I commend you that at 19 you were disciplined enough to save money to put down a good down payment on a car. I also commend you on your decision to enter the Airforce. It says a lot about you! Those are two major life decisions.

As a veteran of the Army myself and a father of a 19 year old listen to the other members that served when they say that your basic training pay will barely cover your expenses for the car. On top of that you will be so busy between Basic and Tech School, you won’t have time to enjoy the car.

In the very least wait until your done with all of your training and if you still want the car (who wouldn’t that’s why we are on this forum) and your Airforce pay can cover your expenses…. car, insurance, gas etc without having you eat noodles for two years…. then get the car. At that point listen to the other members when they say don’t settle!!!

If you wait a little longer I gurantee you will get a better deal, you can save some more money for mods (everyone mods a mustang…including me) and you will be able to afford it, enjoy and keep it. I always tell my kids I waited 9 months to be born, I could wait a little longer to get what I really want!!

Side note: To the current and former military members of this site thank you for your service to our country and to the non military members thank you for all of your help! Whether your 16 yrs old on this site with a mustang all the way to a dad with kids like me who loves their mustang…..I have learned a lot from many of you!
Old 09-08-2012, 04:54 AM
JonnyW
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the feedback again guys, but I'm still buying the car haha. I put down enough money on it to get $280 payments a month with $150 monthly insurance. I'm enlisting in Pararescue as well, so I think I started out making pretty good income. If not, I always have my $20,000 signing bonus to take care of the rest of the car.

Should I hold off until the 2014? :/ any drastic changes being made to the 2014s or what?
Old 09-08-2012, 08:05 AM
Warpig12354
3rd Gear Member

The 14's should be the same-ish. '15 is what all the hubba bubba is about (good or bad)
Old 09-08-2012, 10:37 AM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the feedback again guys, but I'm still buying the car haha. I put down enough money on it to get $280 payments a month with $150 monthly insurance. I'm enlisting in Pararescue as well, so I think I started out making pretty good income. If not, I always have my $20,000 signing bonus to take care of the rest of the car.

Should I hold off until the 2014? :/ any drastic changes being made to the 2014s or what?
Oh God, I just facepalmed myself.. I actually was encouraging you to buy it but now I don't know..

You realize that your chance of becoming a PJ are slim to none right (beret wearer myself).. If you do however get past indoc you will be in training for up to two years where you wont be making any extra money right away and you wont see a dime of your sign on bonus until you graduate, and that's a very big if.. Oh and you wont be driving your car everywhere. You still have to get through dive which is where most people wash over and over or just get booted. Then you get to go to some regular AF job (probably sec forces) where again you will have no sign on bonue or extra pay... If you want to be a PJ, trust me right now you need to be focusing on that and training. Hell you should even be running or taking a bike everywhere you have to go instead of using a car just to help you prepare a little more.. What were your PAST scores?..
Old 09-08-2012, 11:02 AM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Sounds like you trust what the recruiter was telling you, not that they lied, but they didn't tell you everything. Take TRexGAWD's advice since he's a PJ already (nicely done, by the way), or else he's right, there's a good chance you'll end up as one of my Airmen in Security Forces (I'm an SF officer, and I do love my job, but if it's not what you wanted to do you'll hate it). Train and train some more, nothing else should matter right now.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:27 AM
wingless
2nd Gear Member

The order errors are your fault. It is your responsibility to verify that the dealership entered the order correctly.

On more than one vehicle the dealership made an error (all of my vehicles were special-ordered). After the order was placed, the buyer is responsible to check-in w/ the dealership until they have a confirmation from the manufacturer listing the configuration.

If it were me then I would wait for the vehicle w/ the correct order configuration.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:33 PM
JonnyW
1st Gear Member

Lol I love the whole "DONT WORRY GUYS I'M GOIN PJ" and you all freak out. I haven't completed my PAST, but I've been training everyday for the past 7 months. I test myself on the PAST (under my own supervision) once a week and I'm just getting my times down from where they stand.
I'm 5'11" @ 182lbs
500M Swim- 9:03
1.5 Run- 8:07
Pushups in 2 mins- 124
Pullups/chinups- 31
Situps in 2 mins- 167
Scored 88 on my ASVAB, passes MEPS
Get E3 right off the bat because of my GPA and a few college credits I have.

I can swim back and forth underwater with a single breath too
I've talked with my parents about it and my dad said he would take care of the storage and payments because he understands what I'm doing, but I'd much rather pay for it myself if I'm able to.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:35 PM
JonnyW
1st Gear Member

Lol I love the whole "DONT WORRY GUYS I'M GOIN PJ" and you all freak out. I haven't completed my PAST, but I've been training everyday for the past 7 months. I test myself on the PAST (under my own supervision) once a week and I'm just getting my times down from where they stand.
I'm 5'11" @ 182lbs
500M Swim- 9:03
1.5 Run- 8:07
Pushups in 2 mins- 124
Pullups/chinups- 31
Situps in 2 mins- 167
Scored 88 on my ASVAB, passed MEPS
Get E3 right off the bat because of my GPA and a few college credits I have.

I can swim back and forth underwater with a single breath too
I've talked with my parents about it and my dad said he would take care of the storage and payments because he understands what I'm doing, but I'd much rather pay for it myself if I'm able to.
Also, I'm still working and was just going to save for mods.. but if I need to I can put down another few thousand easy by February.

Quick Reply: Second messed up order. PLEASE HELP