Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Quick help - Dispute over car damage

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 03:45 PM
BTR-75
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rocket254
So are you saying I should go to a detailer and have them quote me for a detail and throw in the cost for a new wing inside the "detail"?
I don't think that's what he's saying.

The way I read it --> if possible, get the detail $ from the complex/landscape company then add your own funds to that to get the new wing.

I'd be surprised if either the complex or the landscape company would simply cut you a check though, they are more likely to cut the detailer a check upon seeing the quote.

Either way good luck.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:16 PM
Rocket254
2nd Gear Member

That's what I thought. lol.

I have a handful of other scratches around the car that have occurred over the past year of DD'ing that makes my rant over these minor ones seem a bit uncalled for. Still though, had I caused these, fine. My bad. When some guy not paying attention does them to MY PROPERTY then copes and attitude with me, then we have problems.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:56 PM
BAB GT
2nd Gear Member

I deal with this a lot as part of my job. The contract company should be more than happy to kiss you a!! to keep the work. Push them and get what you need, either buff, polish, wax or repaint.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:20 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rocket254
Well, I did in fact see it occur. The guy thought it would be a good idea to blow dust off the back of my car and the blower's nozzle scrapped against the spoiler. I was told by the manager that blowing off the cars is a new policy. They need to leave the car cleaning to me. I don't pay for leaf blower detailing services nor do I expect them.
Hello from Decatur. If the manager said that the "new" policy is to blow the trash off of the cars, get him to give you a copy of that "policy", get all of them together with the manager and raise hell. You pay rent at that place, and that should cover them not tearing up your stuff by someone they have a contract with. At the very least it could be considered negligence if not vandalism. HPD or MPD depending on where you live will give you some flak over the private property thing. File a report. Had a run in with MPD last weekend with MPD and some stupid kid ( in a Mustang ) in the parking lot at Target out on 72 west. The private property thing popped up. I asked him was it still private property if some one got killed? Good luck. Let us know what how it all plays out.

Last edited by mapitts; 10-30-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:30 PM
Rocket254
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the advice, neighbor. I was supposed to hear back from him today but never did. The complex management told me to let them know if I haven't heard a a response by lunch tomorrow and then they would take the next steps. Will keep everyone posted.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:49 AM
ghunt
3rd Gear Member

That sucks man. I found several new scratches (including one bad looking one) on both sides of the back of my car last winter, after it had been parked outside the garage at the townhouse I'm renting. And I found them after the maintenance guys had been working on some stuff in the garage (cleaning dryer vent and such), so I'm almost positive they weren't being careful and scratched the car while they were walking in and out.

Unfortunately I didn't find it until a month or so after they were there and I had no proof of it either.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:52 PM
Supercharged_05_GT

I dealt with this from the other side as a GM of a landscape maintenance company many times. Usually weed-eater related damage though. Takes a special kind of idiot to do this with a blower. They should make this right for you immediately with little resistance. Talk with either the GM or the owner of the company. Lower level managers will just hope you drop it so they don't have to tell the big guys.

If you have a good relationship with the property management have them mention just 1 time that an incident like this could affect the renewal of the contract and they'll jump to make everyone happy. Company won't care about you but they will bend over backwards for those who write the checks.

Good Luck
Old 10-31-2012, 07:21 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

If the new policy is to blow off the cars, the manager of the complex would be partially responsible for damages. His idea was probably well-intentioned, but he probably doesn't realize he's giving each car a mini-sand blast by doing that. Educate him.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Rocket254
2nd Gear Member

Well, I had to get the apt. management involved but I've gotten results. The contractor is now asking me to bring them an estimate from a body shop to buff it out.

I figure they will cut a check to the shop directly. Any way I can get a GT500 wing from the ebay spoiler store out of this?
Old 11-07-2012, 07:54 AM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

Well, the rule of thumb is if you can catch the scratch on your fingernail, it isn't going to come out with a buffer.

Also, unless you know the "detail" shop, there is a good chance they are just going to hit it with a wool pad and a rotary and make it worse in the end.

I'd say its a good time to get that gt500 wing.