Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Steeda CAI and BAMA tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 11:26 PM
Dawghouse
2nd Gear Member

Never had a problem with my SCT SF3/X3 sorry you are having issues man, every once in awhile a faulty unit will be produced sucks that you got it. Did you download the SCT software off their site and update the firmware?? I have heard some people have had problems with their tuners till they did this. Hope everything works out man.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:46 AM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sbradle4
Sent you a PM. Can't reach SCT ever during their business hours. Beyond frustrated with this product! Had to return my car back to stock (luckily the tuner worked long enough to do that) and reinstall the factory intake.

This SCT SF3/X3 is absolute garbage.
Alright, talked to Alex at American Muscle. Was VERY helpful. Looking to sending a replacement device, I have to figure out if I want another SCT or go with a Diablo. Way to go Alex!
Old 01-14-2013, 10:07 AM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

American Muscle is impressing me with their customer service. Continuing to do what they can to make this situation right, and as painless as possible. Thanks AM! Not so much thanks to SCT (can't reach them.)
Old 01-16-2013, 12:41 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Alright, talked to Alex at American Muscle. Was VERY helpful. Looking to sending a replacement device, I have to figure out if I want another SCT or go with a Diablo. Way to go Alex!
American Muscle is impressing me with their customer service. Continuing to do what they can to make this situation right, and as painless as possible. Thanks AM! Not so much thanks to SCT (can't reach them.)
I'm sorry that you ran into some more trouble with your SCT. However, I'm really glad to see the Bama team is working hard to get you squared away!

We'll always have your back. Definitely let me know if you run into any further issues!

-Dan
Old 01-24-2013, 10:13 PM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

Update for anyone who cares. AM just got the DiabloSport InTunes in stock. They are replacing the faulty SCT/SF3 and sent me a return label to send it back to them. I should be getting the InTune on Monday. Super pumped. Thanks AM!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:45 AM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

YOu should be pumped up! Having a custom tune, driving for a bit and then returning it to stock sucks. You know what Ford left on the table. Hope you get it the way you want it soon.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:37 AM
Adam Waller

the Diablo Sport looks sick
Old 01-28-2013, 09:19 PM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

The saga continues... Have the DiabloSport inTune, just got it today. Installed the custom performance tune from AM/Bama. Well, its is disappointing in comparison to the tune I had from the SCT tuner and Bama. The rpm's also surge during coasting, and surge when coming to a stop... *sigh* have an email sent to bama to look into the tune files. Keep y'all posted.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:46 AM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Sorry to hear that. I hope it gets straightened out for you soon. It is terrible when you now know what your Mustang is capable of and can't seem to get things going your way. Keep us posted.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:37 AM
adwal99

sbradle did you datalog?

Quick Reply: Steeda CAI and BAMA tune