Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

why is there no trunk release in car?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 10:31 PM
allfyre
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: why is there no trunk release in car?

Yeah, I swear, these kids today with their key-fobs and their cordless phones...
Old 11-14-2005, 11:08 PM
F00Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Is there a button for trunk release on the "keyfob" even if you didn't bue the factory alarm?
Old 11-15-2005, 05:07 PM
BennieBlancoNY

There is a button on the FOB without the alarm... Thank god. I locked my keys in my trunk yesterday and had to climb in from the rear seat to get them. Looks like I will be setting up a trunk button!
Old 11-15-2005, 05:34 PM
Hambone
2nd Gear Member

Stick one of these on the driver's door....we love it! Many won't like the looks (it's a bit thick...) but the functionality is great.

Yes, you can pop open the truck...you enter your five digit security code, and then the number 5 to pop the trunk! Using the number3" opens both doors. I use it pretty often when I'm in the garage messing around and don't have the keys handy...

Also, it lets the kids get in the car or trunk while at the ball field, etc. Quite handy...

If you lock your keys in the truck in a convertible....good luck

http://www.fordaccessories.com/produ...sEntryPad.aspx
Old 11-15-2005, 08:14 PM
hspg

Hey Hambone,

I am getting the keypad on my GT. I will pick up the car on friday. I was reading up on that and it adheres to the vehicle...so that means it sticks to the door with sticky tape? Has yours started looking like it's going to fall off yet? I'm leary about the long term life expectancy of something that sticks to the door..
Old 11-15-2005, 08:45 PM
Hambone
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hspg

Hey Hambone,

I am getting the keypad on my GT. I will pick up the car on friday. I was reading up on that and it adheres to the vehicle...so that means it sticks to the door with sticky tape? Has yours started looking like it's going to fall off yet? I'm leary about the long term life expectancy of something that sticks to the door..
Whoop! Is this a new car pickup Friday? How exciting!

Yes, it is stuck on with adhesive tape. There are no signs of any wear on it at all at this point. I would hate to think about yanking it off, it seems stuck on so well. I've waxed around it three times so far, and washed/quick detailed many...

I think it's EXTREMELY important to make sure the surface is cleaned with alcohol (they sent a wipe with the keypad!) and that the metal is at a good temperature (not too cold, especially).

I'm wondering if lack of attention to these details explains the many complaints about 3M tape mounted louvers and chin spoilers??
Old 11-15-2005, 10:44 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

The reason for it is because back in the day when the stangs looked something like they do now, there was no trunk release inside the car, in order to save money no production... and they carried this "classic" trait over to the 05's
Old 11-16-2005, 03:50 PM
j05gtvert
1st Gear Member

this is one thing i didn't like about my new one because in my 01 vert i was in a softball tourney 3 hrs from home. well without thinking i had my keys in my bat bag and threw it in the trunk and boom locked out of car. having the trunk release in the glove box saved me when the AAA guy came and unlocked the doors, had it been in my 05 i would have been in trouble.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:05 PM
hspg

doesnt the 05's back seats fold down so you can get into the trunk from inside the car? Just get the doors unlocked then crawl through the rear seat and get into the trunk..........If that actually happened to me I would of never thought of what I just said. I would of been trying to have someone unlock the trunk......lol
Old 11-16-2005, 07:19 PM
j05gtvert
1st Gear Member

verts seats DON"T fold down, so like i still trouble.