Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Traction control

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 05:51 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Traction control

This is a post I put on another T.C.S thread....but I didn't get any feedback on it. I would really like to know if anyone has had this problem before or can explain what causes it:

"I will say this tho......I just found out a few minutes ago that my car handles holding on a high incline differently when the TCS is off. I had been driving mostly with it on, and usually I turn off of this particular incline ramp onto the highway with little difficulty. But today, i was toying around with the TCS off and when i got on the incline and stopped to wait for traffic, the car wouldn't hold the incline by regulating the gas pedal. It held for a few seconds (i usually have no problem holding a dead stop on an incline in my manual), then it began to lose power. I had to give it more and more gas....but it would hold for only a few seconds and then start to lose power. Finally i was giving it so much gas it started to climb onto the highway , so i had to let off and then it began to skate backward down the incline. I braked and saw i had an openning so i gave it some more gas to go back up. Needless to say it started to spin tires and race......so, i went with it. I get onto the highway, backend fishing, and try to get it into second to slow the wheel spin and engine down....it jammed, would not go into second. I had to keep peeling out until i got straight on the highway and picked up some speed before it would go into second.

It kinda sucked cuz it ended up looking like i was trying to be Billy Badass coming out of the postoffice. lol. I couldn't figure it out so i circled back around and turned back into the post office. This time i turned TCS on and tried the incline again. With the TCS on it held the incline just fine.........so what the hell? "