Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Windows lowering by themselves.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 01:54 AM
theshu

Default Windows lowering by themselves.

After returning home from a day trip in our other car I found the windows down and the doors unlocked on my 05 GT. Knowing that I left the windows up and the doors locked I thought it was broken into but this was not the case when I got in and rolled them up. A few seconds after taking the key out of the ignition the windows proceeded to roll down all by themselves.
Yes I know you dont beleive this but I have my 15 year old son as a witness and we were able to re-create this a number of times..
Also recently while driving the door locks would unlock by themselves??? I would lock it and then a few seconds later they would unlock, this issue only happenned once and I cannot re-create it.
Is my car haunted or do I have a screwed up computer in it. No I havent taken it in yet as the issue with the windows happened yesterday.
I searched the forums and could not find anything, so has this happened to anyone else or is my car unique?

Thank you in advance for any advice or recommendations.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:59 AM
SK3055
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Windows lowering by themselves.

After reading your post it's clear that the only logical conclusion is that ur car is possessed. I'd take it in to the dealership or your local priest asap
Old 02-20-2006, 10:34 AM
grafix66
1st Gear Member

This happened on my '05 vert after the battery went dead once. I did a system reset and all was right again. My windows rolled down directly after I would close the door, though. Sorta nuts that Ford would allow this to happen, huh?
Old 02-20-2006, 12:26 PM
Mpaint99
2nd Gear Member

Same here my battery went dead after the dealership installed the remote start and my windows did the same thing.The dealership reset the system and problem solved.Took 2 minutes.Good Luck and also buy a crucifix.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:11 PM
mustangpr

My Mustang is a V8 GT 2005 and one day when returning from a concert I found my windows and doors open in the parking lot. Thanks God it didn't rain that day. It happens several times that day until I disconnected the battery and It has been a year since that and never happens again. I know that this problem makes you a little scare since you dont trust your cars security.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:08 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

You guys are talking about the problem which caused Ford to remove the "Remote Window" function of the remotes.

Also tells me that your cars were made before May of 05.

You have the ability to lower your windows with your remote... but - there is something wrong with that function.

If it bothers you too much - take your car to your local Ford dealership and they can disable the function. But if you do that, you will no longer be alble to lower your windows with your remote control.

From mid January to May, Ford left the function, but factory disabled it... after May, they removed the function entirely.

There is not "fix" beyond disableing the function.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:05 PM
theshu

WOW - and I thought I was nuts!
Thank you everyone for the reply's.
I have used the auto down function before and thought it was really cool, now I am not so sure.
I think I will take it in and get the function disabled for security purposes.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:09 PM
mustangpr

I agree with you. You will never know if it happens again unless disable it for sure, Thanks for the info. Now I'm working with the Fuel Level Low issue and the dealer has no response yet. With full tank the fuel gauge goes to empty. Any comments, I post another reply on this manner this morning. My car is right now in the hands of the people that doesn't know whats going on, the dealer.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:16 PM
theshu

Sorry "mustangpr" but I have not had this issue, nor is there a TSB in relation to it.
I think I have read something about it before but I am not sure.
I assume you have done a search on it?