Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

What I did today! (PICS) / Machwon's Mod Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 01:48 PM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

Default RE: What I did today! (PICS)

ORIGINAL: Slicktastyk Matt

How hot does your intake get? I just noticed that if I ever get a new intake I'll need to get a new pluggy thingy that's almost up to the throttle body. That little rubber hose thing. Yeah I had to cut mine about an inch to have it fit on the JLT lol.For some reason I feel like I have some cheap plastic thing in my hood with the RAI
Thanks guys! As far as the C&L goes...it does get pretty hot after the car has been running for a while. I used to think this would really heat up the air before entering the motor, but Mach1Marauder over on M1R assured me that the air is travelling through the pipe too fast to really get warmed up from the pipe that much...and that its no problem. That made me decide to stay with the C&L, rather than switching intakes like i was thinking about at the time.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:33 PM
wgdt21
5th Gear Member

looks good! I wish my car had 300+ rwhp with just those little mods
Old 05-22-2007, 12:40 AM
bigal1067

The intake came out BAD @$$! Looks like it was worth the blood sweat and tears
Old 05-22-2007, 01:59 AM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

Thanks guys! I actually went back to work on it to make it more polished and it looks amazing now! I'll take some pics tomorrow and post them up. I also went on a polishing rampage and sanded / polished the metal front shaker bracket as well. I think it looks pretty sharp! I'll include a pic or two of it as well.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:07 AM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

Machwon you need to stop man. You're making me want to go and polish something now!! Worse comes to worse it'll be my nails!! [8D]
Old 05-22-2007, 08:19 PM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

ORIGINAL: Slicktastyk Matt
Machwon you need to stop man. You're making me want to go and polish something now!! Worse comes to worse it'll be my *****!! [8D]
Sounds like a personal problem, Matt

Mach, great job on the polish. I tell my woman that all the time, but for an ENTIRELY different reason!
But still, looks great. I love those coil covers, too! Coming soon to a Mach near me! Nice...

About the mods you posted, I would avoid the L/Ts for two reasons (and this is not just flat out contradicting you but just adding to the tech or our new, kickass section)
1. Cost and install. L/Ts are expensive and install is either (a) a BITCH or (b) pricey to farm it out.
2. Stock manifolds on Machs are VERY good from the factory. Some say they're good to 600 HP.
Also,
those mods I think would put a Mach at 310+ rwhp and maybe more depending...

So bang for buck, unless I was planning some MAJOR engine mods, I'd go for an O/R Prochamber and some quality catback and leave the manifolds in place until the mods got REAL serious and spend that $600-800 (parts + labor) elsewhere, like on a NX kit [8D]
Old 05-22-2007, 08:59 PM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the compliments Groundpounder! How's your mach coming along? As far as the longtubes go I have been VERY impressed with the gains they give our machs. on my previous 03 mach 1 I ran the prochamber for a while, and while it wasn't tuned it put down 287 / 305 with prochamber, intake spacer, JLT RAI, and catback. I bought up a set of BBK longtubes, and O/R Shorty X and it put down 305 / 324 untuned....that was enough to impress me . You are totally right about the cost of the install however...Unless you have a mechanic friend that does the whole job for 350.00 . So if you're like me and can get some of the stuff for cheap i think longtubes are a definite improvement for our cars. And NO exhaust out there will sound as cool and deep as longtubes do...I was Very suprised with the change in tone of the exhaust. I actually took a few shots of the stock manifolds (still laying around here somewhere lol), verses the longtubes and you can see just how hindering the stockers are.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:07 PM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: groundpounder
I'd go for an O/R Prochamber and some quality catback and leave the manifolds in place until the mods got REAL serious and spend that $600-800 (parts + labor) elsewhere, like on a NX kit [8D]
But...I did have an NX kit...although IMO the Longtubes were 100% worth it running around N/A

Old 05-22-2007, 09:11 PM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

Ok everyone- as promised here are the pics of the finished intake tube, and shaker bracket...along with these cool little Mach 1 ID tags I just got today. The very observant will also notice the addition of a Roy's Intake spacer :

Old 05-22-2007, 11:23 PM
203Mach1ne
4th Gear Member

really nice job man..
I was watchin Barrett Jackson Auction today on SpeedTV and one of the older cars had a sign under the hood that said "SHAKER" and it actually shook...it was so sick I wonder where you can get em?? haha

Quick Reply: What I did today! (PICS) / Machwon's Mod Thread