Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

car stalls

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 11:07 AM
5speedstang
4th Gear Member

Default car stalls

so as im driving i notice this more on the freeway when i go to switch freeways. i go to get onto the on ramp and push the clutch in after driving at 70 for a few. so i push the clutch in as i enter the onramp. half way threw when i get to about 40 i put it in 4th(if the car doesnt stall) it stalls at this point. or if im coming to a light and just throw outta gear it will stall as im breaking. my gt never did this that much or in the areas my mach does. any ideas?
Old 10-09-2007, 11:52 AM
xx9gt6xx
4th Gear Member

Default RE: car stalls

Weird...
Old 10-09-2007, 12:03 PM
TheOneThatLasts
1st Gear Member

Common problem with intakes on machs. You left the screen in your MAF right?
Old 10-09-2007, 02:39 PM
5speedstang
4th Gear Member

i didnt touch it and infact i dont think there was one on there now that i think about it when i cleaned the filter. the guy put it on and thats true. now that you said that i need a screen. dam it. i remember my buddy telling me bout that on my gt. bc i asked him if i should take it out or not and he said leave it bc the maf wont read right.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:57 PM
GovtTax

I took the screen out of mine a while back (not knowing any better), never had any stalling issues, never put it back in.I may be the expection to the rule however. Have you looked at you IAC?The valve may be sticking...just take it off, hit it upreal good with carb cleaner and see if there is any improvement.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:55 PM
wakin3722

It's happened to me once, about a year ago. I was getting on the highway andI put the pedal to the floor, after I hit 110 I back off threw it in neutral for about 5 seconds was going to put in gear and the car stalls. I abouthad a heart attack! So I finally came to a stop and started it back up.Hasn'thappen again. I even talk to the ford dealer here in town and they thought it was weird!
Old 10-09-2007, 10:24 PM
TheOneThatLasts
1st Gear Member

It is most common with people who remove the screen. It can still happen to people who leave it in and it could not happen at all for some who take it out. But from the posts I have read regarding this, the screen is the first place to start.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:14 AM
Shaken
1st Gear Member

Same problem put the stock one back on no problem. Manual cars seem to have this issue since you can coast in neutral. I have k&n cai and had a friend at work cnc the airfilter inlet ring to incorperate the screen/gasket. It has been 3 months no issue.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:17 AM
xx9gt6xx
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shaken

Same problem put the stock one back on no problem. Manual cars seem to have this issue since you can coast in neutral. I have k&n cai and had a friend at work cnc the airfilter inlet ring to incorperate the screen/gasket. It has been 3 months no issue.
Very cool idea...
Old 10-10-2007, 10:51 AM
5speedstang
4th Gear Member

i bought the car used i dont know where the screen is.

Quick Reply: car stalls