Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

o/r H installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 06:36 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

Default RE: o/r H installed

ORIGINAL: Furinox

ORIGINAL: Stone629

Not true. If your rear O2 sensors are turned off, (where and how would the tuner go about turning them off anyway, they dont have an on/off) how is the PCM going to determine the voltage/resistance change it recieves from the primary O2 sensor and the secondary? If, hypothetically, you turned off/unplugged the rear sensor, the PCM is still getting a primary O2 reading and is searching for the secondary thats never going to turn up. Doesn't make sense. I know the rear sensor alone doesn't determine the A/F mixture, but the front doesn't work independently either. The primary and secondary sensors work as a unit in other words. Mils don't change the voltage, they keep it the same using resistors. The voltage doesn't have to be exact, just within a given range.

True, chambered mufflers don't rob a ton of HP over Straight thru mufflers considering no cat-back is giving you much power to begin with, but if you consider that a cat-back might give you 5-7rwhp, then that 1-3 hp difference that the chambered robs you of is a pretty good amount considering the additional low gain.

Using a 7rwhp gain.......SLP= 7rwhp gain
Flows= 4rwhp gain 6rwhp if there was a 1 HP difference (very unlikely)
Dude you need to do some research instead of giving answers that you know nothing about.

Here's the phone number for bamachips (205-302-0231) , a reputable shop that does a lot of work with custom and canned tunes. Try and tell him that he can't turn off the rear 02 sensors, because guess what? He automatically turns them off for EVERY tune he sells.

It's also funny how in my 04 gt I had that I didnt plug up the rear o2 sensors and they were TURNED OFF in my custom tune.
thats in my state....hehe BAMAchips, its b/c they're in Alabama! HA
Old 03-24-2008, 07:25 PM
delstang05
1st Gear Member

My car has flows, only thing is, I'm not 100% sure if they are just welded in, or an actual Flowmaster Catback. I've been under the car plenty, but without a set of calipers, its hard to tell if its 2.5 inch pipe or 2.25. Trade ya?
Dude, don't trade your flows for lm1's. My friend had an o/r x and lm1's on his mach. I've been in the car, heard it in person and driven his car. Video clips sound nothing like it does in person, trust me. No offense too anyone, but it doesn't sound good, at all. No tone and un-godly loud (not as in cool loud, but as in you'll hate it loud). I have o/r x with flows and like it a lot, but exhaust is always personal preference. Just trying to save you money and lots of headaches, literally lol
Old 03-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Thanks DelStang, I'll prolly stay put with what I've got then. I have read alot of negative reviews about the ORX SLP1 combo.

I've heard that a catted-X and SLPIIs sounds pretty sweet though.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:57 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Stonie, didn't know if ya had cats or not. If ya don't, I completely back Del up. My LM1s are great w/ cats, but w/o it's just too damn raspy, be it an X or an H. I swear people can hear them atleast 10 blocks away if I get into it a lil. Think I'm gonna buy some LM2s though tokeep the no-restriction thing going. Hey man, youandFur don't need to get y'alls feathers ruffled.I kinda feel bad cuz it was my post. The both of you guys are always willing to help out I appreciate both of y'alls advice.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Furinox is cool, we just disagree about the O2 thing.

Thanks for the advice about the Loudmouths. Way too many people have said the same thing you're saying. Youguys have really got my curiousity going now...I've got to hear how loud these things are!!
Old 03-24-2008, 08:54 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Oh yea, I don't have cats.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:07 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Very loud, but a damn raspy loud. They are resonators, not mufflers.W/ an o/rmidpipe, except for at idle, one could bet they areas loud as open headers when the air gets pushing through.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:28 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

http://ww.rpmoutlet.com/03cobrapredator.htm

Diablosport Predator:
Allows the user to make the following tuning adjustments :
[*]Idle adjust for both drive and neutral.[*]Axle Ratio adjustments from 2.00 up to 5.00 in .10 increments.[*]Fuel Base adjustments.[*]Spark Advance Timing adjustments.[*]Rev Limit adjust for both drive and neutral.[*]Adjust ON/OFF rev limits, for each individual gear, in 10 rpm increments.[*]Adjust Shift Points in 50 rpm increments for each gear.[*]Tranny Shift Firmness adjustment for each gear.[*]Allows turning of Bank 1 and 2 Rear Oxygen Sensor ON/OFF.[*]Allows turning ALL O2's ON/OFF, AND EGR system.[*]Wheel/Tire Size adjustment of speedometer for larger/smaller tires.[/ol]
Old 03-24-2008, 09:36 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I was always under the impression that, "Turns O2 sensor Off", was just a figure of speech.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:47 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

I was always under the impression that, "Turns O2 sensor Off", was just a figure of speech.
Nope. They are turned off through the programmer. It is the reason that a lot of people are failing inspection in certain states. When the sensor is turned off it constantly reads as not ready on state inspection machines.

Quick Reply: o/r H installed