Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

change in plans

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Default RE: change in plans

Rebel, have you considered building a 280ZX? They are light, transfer weight well, and are cheap and plentiful. Tons of room under the hood! I've seen a couple nasty LS1 280ZXs, so a sick 302 would be something different and definetly kool.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:26 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

i haven't looked into a 280zx....im doin that right now stone!
Old 04-16-2008, 09:56 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Here's a supercharged (LT1 I think) 280.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYykK...eature=related

I'm really into these set-ups. TheV8 Miatas are probably my second favorite. I love the RX-7 swaps, but it seems like alot of people are doing that combo.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:03 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

looks like Stone changed my Mind, the engine will be going into a 240z after consulting my junkyard rummaging friend he said "....this is going to be sick, there are tons of the 240z's at the junkyard"

so now i need to buy the body of the car, save for a while buy the rebuild kit put the engine back together and start placing everything in.....should take 6-8 months for that to happen.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:32 AM
Subotai_95
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: USMCrebel

i feel ya SUB, i would love to be a driver, but i would rather build the stuff....they're not to bad here, i know of 2 people in the lsat couple years that got them straight out of college. hell, all i need is 1 great installer and a garage not really a big one just a decent sized one. good thing i love working on cars, i want to pioneer a new way with some of my engine buildup ideas (i've got so many ideas and so little money)....
im gonna say hold off on buying to many performance mods right now....i talked with a couple of guys i know from ford, and lemme say the era of the mustang ruling the streets will be back shortly. in 2010/2011 the new motor will be a 4v 5.0l mod motor 400hp/360+tq back with the t56 (or similar) from the 03-04 cobra. OH and the weight of the vehicle wont break 3800lbs ....lets just say the GT500 KR wont be a smart buy just yet....it's possble that SVT is going to give the GT500 an upping in power (600+)
This is very true about the 2010/11 stangs, I've heard the same rumors from a couple of gearheads I know that still work for Hall ford in VA Beach. Though I had heard that they were genning up something similar to Tremec's TKO in a 6-spd for that app.. That could be just hearsay though. I can't definitely feel the so many ideas and not enough money.. lol I've got about 65 grand in ideas I could put into the mach, and no cash to do it yet. lol As far as the GT500 goes though, Shelby already does have the SuperSnake kit, which on an unwarranteed tune runs 700+ RWHP.. The out of the box tune runs about 650 for warranty purposes I believe. So the GT500 wouldn't be a bad buy persay, but you'd still have to spend the extra 29k over purchase price to get the SS kit from Shelby.. Still, I can't wait to see what the aftermarket for the new stangs is going to be like.. [sm=drooldude.gif][sm=drooldude.gif]

On the driving bit, a family friend of one of my aunts worked on Joe Amato's Top Fuel pit crew a few years ago, so if I can get my driver mod down, I MAY, I'll say again, MAY have an in.. Though I'd definitely start out on the bottom rung, hell I wouldn't care.. I feel sorry for my GF though, cause I'm gonna spooge everytime I run one a TF car down the 1/4 so there won't me much left for her! LMAO..
Old 04-24-2008, 12:55 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

well update on parts and good stuff.

found out that my rods are C8 castings, which measn they're really really strong like hold 550rwhp strong, and the block is going to be the weak point on this one.

im going to go head shopping and intake shopping soon.

this is going to be a junkyard build, refurbishing all the pieces, porting polishing and powder coating with heat resistant stuff to keep it cool. gonna run down some valve covers and powder coat those too.