Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Looking to get a mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 04:39 PM
dbledsoe

Default Looking to get a mach 1

I am new around here, but not to mustangs. I am considering the purchase of a mach 1 in the coming weeks. Right now there are currently 3 in our area (Krikland, WA)that are about the same price, but milage wise are far different. I am looking at only manual as i like to drive

First one i am looking at is a '04 with 34k miles and is screaming yellow asking 19k:
Screaming Yellow
I have driven this car and its at the top of my list, but my wife hates the color, but i figure its a mach 1, its ment to scream at you as it comes roaring down the street, and nothing screams louder then screaming yellow. This car has been on the lot about 3 weeks now, is this a fair price? i think i can work them down to around 16.5k -17k$.

The second just showed up its an '03 with 70k miles and black asking 17k$
The Black One
I haven't seen this one yet in person but it has twice the miles as the yellow with only a 2k$ difference. My wife like the black color the best.

The last which is lowest on my list is an '03 with 100k miles, white and asking 12k$
High Milage
Im not really considering this one as its very high milage car, but my wife likes the price. How do these cars last in the long run? My 98 mustang around 130k miles started falling apart.

What are your guys thoughts? i will drive the black one this week, and i am not in any real hurry, i figure the car will choose me and when it does we'll be ready.

thanks
-Derek
Old 05-12-2008, 05:02 PM
03MachMe
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Looking to get a mach 1

i would go with either the black or the yellow. its not only the miles but how it was drivin try and see if you can figure out who had the car before they traded it in and see if it was a teenager or an old man i would pick the old man one with 70k over say a teenager drivin 34k one. but if you cant find that i would go with the yellow. you can change color but you cant change milage. i bought mine with 32k for 19k so the prices are all about right. and the yellow one will grow on your wife dont worry. lol
Old 05-12-2008, 05:06 PM
jrherald420
5th Gear Member

id go with a low milage mach before a cheaper high milage one. think about resale also, lower miles = better resale value even if you wont ever sell it, it will still be worth more.......tell your wife about that and she'll forget all about the color!!!
Old 05-12-2008, 05:15 PM
dbledsoe

Thanks guys you all bring up very valid points, She is slowly warming up to the yellow one. My choice is to go with the yellow one not only for the low miles but because it just screams bad ***. The yellow one was driven by a local doctor until they traded it in for a high MPG hyundai. Its been there a few weeks, we are hoping to have our financing together soon, so either way a mach will be in my drive way soon enough.

-Derek

Old 05-12-2008, 05:28 PM
jrherald420
5th Gear Member

good luck keep us posted....and if its gone theres always nice cobra's around[8D]
Old 05-12-2008, 05:49 PM
radaman
3rd Gear Member

If u r mechanically inclined then get the high mileage one and try to talk them down to 11k or so. I would buy it, drop in a new forged bottom end, rework the heads and shop around for a decent replacement trans or buy a new one. It will cost you an additional 8k or so, but you will have a brand new rotating assembly and it will last a long time. You can add other upgrades as you go along and shop around other mustang sites for all kinds of deals on different parts.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:03 PM
speedstang06
4th Gear Member

I would go for the yellow one 100%. I would bet you could get them down a little bit as well.The price isnt much more over the black one, and has a lot less miles, and is a one owner(I believe you said...). Good luck making the decision!
Old 05-20-2008, 01:09 AM
Mustang916

I live in Sacramento, Ca. Little ways away from you, but I have a beautiful black one for sale. Here is my linke copied from my for sale.

2003 Mach I 5spd 21,900 miles to be exact, black with the shaker hood that made the Mach I so popular to begin with. It's in mint condition. Adult owned. I guarantee you will not find one cleaner. Only aftermarket on the car is LoJack antitheft system and tint. I just purchased this car 3 months ago on an impulse, but I've decided that I truely want a c5 z06 or cobra. I have the carfax on the car. It has never had any paintwork on the car. The car is flawless. I use only Mothers products on the car. The engine bay is so clean you can literally eat off of it. Take a look at the pictures and you will see. 16,500 and it comes with a custom car cover as well. It is not my daily driver. Just sits with a car cover on in my third garage. I am located in Sacramento. My email is randhawa66@hotmail.com . I usually work odd hours at the hospital so email is usually the best way to reach me. Thanks for viewing.

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z64/bucket916/
Old 05-20-2008, 01:12 AM
Mustang916

by the way, I honestly feel you will not find one cleaner than mine. You just won't. If you are willing to drive a little...this is the car for you hands down.