Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

t3650

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 07:22 PM
FELEN
1st Gear Member

Default t3650

yeah so my tranny is still down and i havent had time to look for a rebuild kit.....i know im going to have some money coming in soon so if i dont find a rebuild kit what transmission should i go with.... some people say to go with a tko but i was kind of thinking t56 viper spec...

n e suggestions??
Old 11-12-2008, 07:59 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FELEN
yeah so my tranny is still down and i havent had time to look for a rebuild kit.....i know im going to have some money coming in soon so if i dont find a rebuild kit what transmission should i go with.... some people say to go with a tko but i was kind of thinking t56 viper spec...

n e suggestions??
Since you're going to have the loot, I'd say go with a good bulletproof rebuild to keep the #s matching. Like I say though, to each his own. The viper spec would be my choice from the other two, that extra gear would come in use during acceleration and decrease engine wear a lil. Something I noticed though, both trannies use only a 2.97 1st gear ratio (much higher than our low-for-stock 3.37) and the viper has a .50 6th gear. I don't see gears in your sig, I think 4.30s would definately compliment the change in total drivetrain gearing. Someone correct a brother if my gear info is a lil off.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:57 AM
FELEN
1st Gear Member

yeah thats what i wanted to do....i wanted to bulletproof the 3650 but kant find n e where to get the kit from....

so my next choice was the t56 viper spec because i had found a site that had it for like 1500 with drive shaft....so idk just looking for some input from you good people in here
Old 11-14-2008, 08:07 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

i've been keeping a ear out for the 3650 kits, and i haven't heard anything other than buy from a ford dealer and they want to install it.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:31 AM
jmac72187
corner carver

Promotion or American Powertrain both have rebuilt 3650's.

If I ever had all that cash, I would gear the car and do the Viper Spec.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:13 PM
AmericanPowertrain
Former Sponsor

Default 3650Extreme

Originally Posted by jmac72187
Promotion or American Powertrain both have rebuilt 3650's.

If I ever had all that cash, I would gear the car and do the Viper Spec.
I suggest that you order a 3650Extreme from us and you will never break it. It will cost you less than a t56 or a TKO. You will LOVE It. E-mail me at gray@americanpowertrain or PM me with some contact info and I will put a quote together for you, or you can click on the Request a Quote link below my banner.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:13 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FELEN
yeah thats what i wanted to do....i wanted to bulletproof the 3650 but kant find n e where to get the kit from....

so my next choice was the t56 viper spec because i had found a site that had it for like 1500 with drive shaft....so idk just looking for some input from you good people in here
I'd say the dude at American Powertrain deserves a shot. He's offered some mighty helpful tranny info to a few of us on here and seems very courteous and fair.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:15 AM
AmericanPowertrain
Former Sponsor

Default Taking a bow!

Originally Posted by rygi23
I'd say the dude at American Powertrain deserves a shot. He's offered some mighty helpful tranny info to a few of us on here and seems very courteous and fair.
Thanks for the complement. I've got way too much transmission stuff stored in my head and it is great to get some of it circulating so forum members can make good decisions.

I love to sell guys transmissions, but I also think a lot of companies are just on forums to sell instead of being a true part of the community and building a reputation for helping out.

Looks like I made the right choice!
Old 11-17-2008, 12:20 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

hey Felen, If your un comfortable with getting it from him i can make a trip to visit him being im only like 2-3 hours away... NOT to mention it'd be cool to meet the guy.

AP..did yall do a 6 speed for a roush 427 with "Semper Fi Edition" on the windshield?
Old 11-17-2008, 05:26 PM
AmericanPowertrain
Former Sponsor

Default Semper Fi edition

Originally Posted by USMCrebel
hey Felen, If your un comfortable with getting it from him i can make a trip to visit him being im only like 2-3 hours away... NOT to mention it'd be cool to meet the guy.

AP..did yall do a 6 speed for a roush 427 with "Semper Fi Edition" on the windshield?
I wish we could take credit for that, but we did not get an opportunity on that one. Would have loved to have been a part of it. You are welcome to visit any time. Just let me know. Our Cookeville location does mostly sales and product development. We have manufacturing facilities in a remote location where there is a lot more racing action. You would see some of our newest wacko stuff here and lots of space. We plan to bring the whole thing together here at some point so we have about 15,000 square feet to work with.

If there is any doubt by anyone as to our knowledge or intent, just read all my posts. No one could make this stuff up!

Quick Reply: t3650