Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Got a Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 03:58 PM
JDraper
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to the Mach crowd!
The Borla's and a Bassani Catted X sound great! That's what I'm running. Also, the C&L CAI is a better fitting piece than the JLT and it keeps everything functional as well.

Here's a pix of the C&L installed, and a vid of what the Borla's with a Bassani Catted X pipe sound like. My car is the black one going 2nd.

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...nIV8-23-08.flv
Old 02-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Thats the cheapest/best way to go about it. If you want it done in a morning and don't really know who to take it too, Fastlane here in Raleigh can have them installed for you in about 2 hours. You'll just have to make an appointment. If you did decide to use them, they have everything you need there. I paid $480 for my gears, oil, and install, plus $250 for an SCT Chip, so $730 turn key.

About those 4.30s, they are awesome if you're planning on running DRs/slicks and launching hard, but I wouldn't mess with them otherwise. 1st gear already runs out pretty quick with 4.10s, I'd imagine 4.30s would be better suited for a automatic.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:31 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BKAT-MACH
You know I agree with you, but I've been told otherwise, and always gone by that statement. I've actually been told by AmericanMuscle people that only JLT RAI keeps it functional. I said how if they hook up the same? They had no answer. So what's the truth?
All three are keep the shaker functional and here is a review on all three since I've been worked with all three...

JLT-about $160- fitment sucks and rubs all over seems like a 3 year old put it together.

K&N-about $260-fitment is 10x better than the JLT, in my opinion its worth the money over the JLT. Even though making the "air box" from scratch is a pain in the A$$, the clamps were WAY too short so I had to get new ones. The air box-MAF and MAF-inlet tube connections suck which most likely causes leaks which lead to the annoying stalling issues. This issue makes this kit almost not worth it.

C&L- $300+. Most complete kit, comes with new MAF housing, fits like a glove and installation takes about 20 minutes and this includes the removal/installation. Acceleration feels way smoother than the previous two. Really good looking piece as you can see in JDraper's pic at the top of this page. This is the best RAI for the mach IMHO hands down.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:47 PM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

Do they add a decent about of power?
Old 02-24-2010, 08:45 PM
BKAT-MACH

Originally Posted by darkmach1
All three are keep the shaker functional and here is a review on all three since I've been worked with all three...

JLT-about $160- fitment sucks and rubs all over seems like a 3 year old put it together.

K&N-about $260-fitment is 10x better than the JLT, in my opinion its worth the money over the JLT. Even though making the "air box" from scratch is a pain in the A$$, the clamps were WAY too short so I had to get new ones. The air box-MAF and MAF-inlet tube connections suck which most likely causes leaks which lead to the annoying stalling issues. This issue makes this kit almost not worth it.

C&L- $300+. Most complete kit, comes with new MAF housing, fits like a glove and installation takes about 20 minutes and this includes the removal/installation. Acceleration feels way smoother than the previous two. Really good looking piece as you can see in JDraper's pic at the top of this page. This is the best RAI for the mach IMHO hands down.
the C&L is not a RAI.....its a CAI
Old 02-24-2010, 09:32 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I think Machs are both RAI and CAI. If its got the shaker "ramming" air, then its a ram air intake. If its sucking cold air from the fender, then its got a CAI. Well, the Mach does both....
Old 02-24-2010, 10:14 PM
Fstanggt96
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
About 135 mph. 5th pulls damn good with 4.10s though, so don't let that stop you. You can still bury the needle with ease. In fact, the 3.55s will pull strong up to 145 mph, but when you go to 5th it'll almost completely stop gaining speed. This doesn't happen with the 4.10s as they make 5th an actual pulling gear instead of a mere overdrive gear. (Not that you should race past 130-140 mph anyway)
-Haha yeah in Oregon I got up to 140 with 2 passengers in under a 1/2 mile, car was stock and it pulled very good in 4th. Only thing I didnt like that scared me was I could hear the tranny spinning at that speed lol.

-Does Magnaflow make a shorty pipe? I was planning on getting Borlas stinger catback which is straight through round mufflers, are their oval mufflers chambered? So what about the fender mount JLT CAI? Anybody use that one? How do you like it? Im considdering it because you can have it color matched...

Last edited by Fstanggt96; 02-24-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:52 AM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by boduke0220
Do they add a decent about of power?
Yes, you have a 4v now, they actually respond to mods lol.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:20 AM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

oh yea, haha. I wonder why they didnt make the Mach's speedo go to 160 like the 96-01 cobra? I wouldnt get the cai, my friend had one on his bullitt and when it was raining he sucked water up in it and it cut his motor off going down the highway lol
Old 02-25-2010, 12:17 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BKAT-MACH
the C&L is not a RAI.....its a CAI
Look bud I wont argue with you I was simply trying to give you some info. The reason why JLT names their intake which keeps the shaker functional, RAI, is because they also make a CAI in which the filter goes into the fender so to avoid confusion they named one RAI and another CAI, C&L and K&N dont worry about that since they only make 1, which keeps the shaker functional, so they just names CAI since the filter is not sucking is from the hot engina bay. Most, if not all mach owners, call RAI those intakes which keep the shaker functional and CAI every other brand name or custom intake in which the filter in the fender......google is your friend, use it.

Quick Reply: Got a Mach 1