Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 08:02 AM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BKAT
did you get a new diff cover, and get your axle tubes welded?
No, not necessary.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:28 PM
BKAT
2nd Gear Member

rygi, did you get your axle tubed welded, and a new diff cover?.......and thanks for the read....I'm sure it's gonna take some practice to get it down.....Also do you have a 2 step set up or a line lock?
Old 04-20-2010, 02:30 PM
BKAT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by darkmach1
No, not necessary.
a lot of guys on mach1registry.com said i should get my axle tubes welded.....So you think I'm safe with my setup?
Old 04-20-2010, 04:12 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sace
hey rygi do u have the stock rear end? if so hows it all holding up?
if I had a nickel for every time I've answered that question, lol. Stock rear aside from the gears. Holding up perfect. The steeper the gear is much less stress on the axles and rolling the clutch makes it that much easier. NO DUMPING.

rygi, did you get your axle tubed welded, and a new diff cover?.......and thanks for the read....I'm sure it's gonna take some practice to get it down.....Also do you have a 2 step set up or a line lock?
Another nickle, lol. Nope, and nope. You're very welcome for the read. I'm serious man, roll that clutch to keep the rpm up. Mad a$$ short times when you perfect it. No bogging = no screaming profanities around the 60' mark. A track buddy has a P1SC Mach running 10.8s and he leaves the line good so you won't have to worry about spinning. The issue will be too much traction (yes, there is such a thing) if you go low on the psi and/or let the clutch out too quick. Keep me posted man I'll be pulling for ya.

P.S......pump those front tires up too, ;o)
Old 04-20-2010, 04:54 PM
BKAT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rygi23
if I had a nickel for every time I've answered that question, lol. Stock rear aside from the gears. Holding up perfect. The steeper the gear is much less stress on the axles and rolling the clutch makes it that much easier. NO DUMPING.

Another nickle, lol. Nope, and nope. You're very welcome for the read. I'm serious man, roll that clutch to keep the rpm up. Mad a$$ short times when you perfect it. No bogging = no screaming profanities around the 60' mark. A track buddy has a P1SC Mach running 10.8s and he leaves the line good so you won't have to worry about spinning. The issue will be too much traction (yes, there is such a thing) if you go low on the psi and/or let the clutch out too quick. Keep me posted man I'll be pulling for ya.

P.S......pump those front tires up too, ;o)
soo since you have no 2 step.....you jsut rev it up that high, and time it.....thats gonna take some pracc
Old 04-20-2010, 05:30 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

soo since you have no 2 step.....you jsut rev it up that high, and time it.....thats gonna take some pracc
I've never gotten in to 2 steps, linelocks, or anything really. I like the old fashioned way. Not much practice needed really, just go by sound and/or how far down your foot is. You don't have to be at exactly the same rpm everytime.....I know I'm not, lol. Get to where you're comfortable with going by sound so you can focus on the clutch work and also remember to lift your clutch foot off the floor a bit after you stage. Let it rip, man. While I'm thinking about it......shiftpoints are a little lower w/ 4.10s. After a buttload of trial and error (just like the launching) shifting at 6.5, 6.3, 6.0 really has worked for me if you wanna give that a whirl. $hit I wish today was friday you got me all tracked up.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:58 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

a lot of guys on mach1registry.com said i should get my axle tubes welded.....So you think I'm safe with my setup?
No, no need to weld them, you're safe at your power level, just install everything and let it rip.

Last edited by darkmach1; 04-20-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:00 PM
BKAT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rygi23
I've never gotten in to 2 steps, linelocks, or anything really. I like the old fashioned way. Not much practice needed really, just go by sound and/or how far down your foot is. You don't have to be at exactly the same rpm everytime.....I know I'm not, lol. Get to where you're comfortable with going by sound so you can focus on the clutch work and also remember to lift your clutch foot off the floor a bit after you stage. Let it rip, man. While I'm thinking about it......shiftpoints are a little lower w/ 4.10s. After a buttload of trial and error (just like the launching) shifting at 6.5, 6.3, 6.0 really has worked for me if you wanna give that a whirl. $hit I wish today was friday you got me all tracked up.
Me too man....i still gotta order tires yett.....we got the same exact mods....I hope I can get a similar time.....6.0 to 4th huh....whats your MPH?