Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

Bought a new '09! (traded the 07)

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 10:58 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

congrats on the new ride Mudflap,
pictures when you can
Old 09-16-2008, 11:39 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hammeron
congrats on the new ride Mudflap,
pictures when you can
Thanks bud. I'll take some pics this weekend so I can have the progression documented. I need to drive off the 87 octane in the tank before I can install the intake/tune, so I'll probably try and pick out some graphics tomorrow to keep me busy. I'd like to do something other than the standard striping.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:59 PM
EMichael
3rd Gear Member

you should tint the head and tail lights too.. and a black shorty antennae.. i think you should def get the rear window louvers.. if you got some black wheels, do you have any idea of what you would get? and what size? i like the 20" 7 spoke saleen wheels in black, i think they call them barricade wheels.. and maybe a black billet grille or something, maybe the bullitt one or something haha
Old 09-17-2008, 12:30 AM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TPony
A black stang....like it already..congrats.
my sentiments exactly. congratulations.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:00 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

CONGRATS!!
Old 09-17-2008, 06:41 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

congrats on the new ride man!
Old 09-17-2008, 09:47 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by EMichael
you should tint the head and tail lights too.. and a black shorty antennae.. i think you should def get the rear window louvers.. if you got some black wheels, do you have any idea of what you would get? and what size? i like the 20" 7 spoke saleen wheels in black, i think they call them barricade wheels.. and maybe a black billet grille or something, maybe the bullitt one or something haha
Yeah the possibilities are endless. :P As for the wheels, I won't go larger than 18's. I must be too old at 33 to ever have had an appreciation for the giant wheels. Not to mention, I just can't see adding go-fast parts to the car, just to turn around and increase my rotational mass with a heavy 20" wheel and tires that are likely to have more rolling resistance. It seems... counter-productive to me, but then again I don't claim to be an expert in this area.

I'll find some fairly cheap wheels that are black with a polished lip probably, in 17 or 18. I really won't spend more than about $150/rim. I've bought Volk Racing wheels and whatnot in the past and shelled out big bucks (500-600 ea), and my experience is that it wasn't worth it (for me). I had a set of Kumho Ecsta SPTs on the 07 that I actually liked quite well. They were sticky, wore evenly, and were fairly cheap. So I may go with those again, or perhaps a set of Nittos. Either way, once the S/C goes on, I figure the tires will be getting eaten up quickly anyway, hehe... For now, I'm just going to tear up the stockers and maybe get some wheels/tires for my yearly Christmas gift to myself.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:40 PM
DannyStyle22
Banned

Congrats! Sounds like you have her pretty well planned out. My .02 for the stripe do a dark charcoal with a white pearl. I recently repainted the hood on my mach with this color combo and love it! Subtle yet when the light hits it just right the white pearl makes it pop out.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:02 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I have dark charcoal stripes on the way! In the meantime, I took a few pics of her in stock form (because it won't be that way for long, lol). Added to 1st page...
Old 09-21-2008, 11:45 PM
StatixNWH
1st Gear Member

looks great!

Quick Reply: Bought a new '09! (traded the 07)