Mustang II Section The more economy minded, compact Mustangs which were offered from 1974-1978

1977 cobra 1985 engine?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 12:49 PM
apixie4life

Default 1977 cobra 1985 engine?

Would anyone please be able to point me in the right direction to find the wiring info for my car? I have looked all over the internet. Once place had one set (for 1977) but it is already gone. The seller unknown to me put in an 85 engine not a 77 that I paid him for. There are wires everywhere at my feet. No fuse box....any idea please? Would love to get this fixed or at least started on it. I seem to be at a brick wall.

Thank you for your time,
Monica
Old 12-11-2007, 08:43 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: 1977 cobra 1985 engine?

you mean like the diagrams that i have in the sticky FAQ's? i dont really understand whats going on but there isnt much of a difference between a 1985 and 1977 302. any original plugs / sensors should bolt right up (oil pressure, water temp, etc).

does this car run at all? i *thought* by 1985 ford was using the 50oz flywheel and balancers and if that is the case your in trouble cause the mustang II flywheel is 28oz

tell me more about your setup
Old 12-14-2007, 03:07 PM
apixie4life

Its a mess honestly. I paid for it to be complete (as he stated in the ad) yet no, it was not. I went to the dmv referee yeseterday to find they open the hood and see so much capped off and not hooked up...same with under the dash by feet. Its a mass of wires that were taped out of sight. On the way there my brakes gave and my radiator started leaking...poor girlI swear. I am trying to so hard but every time I turn around the seller did something else. The brakes were hooked to the water pump, not the vacuum that it needs (soI am told)....so thoughI have new brakes on the car...they might as well not be there. Not to mention she is missing parts and the ones she has are wrong. She cannot be smogged in any way thoughI find it was his job to do that. He never did....and neither can I. I walked for a year and a half before I got this car. Now I am back to walking. My friend is going to store it for me (no not like the seller did but under cover and care...I will go wash her and visit) while I save to file small claims against this smuck who wont return my calls or e-mails. But I just feel horrible for my Dana....She deserves better then what he did.

Her interior is mint...thoughI cannot get the tint off the back windshield and cannot see because of it. I bought the wiring diagrams this am and am having them shipped and also two shop manuals for her on half bay. It will be a slow process but I will not give her up nor give up on her.

There is no fuse box either but that is prob why I have no dash lights etc. Yes the seller lived far away. He received his money and was to put in new parts etc. It took over two months to receive her and then he didnt even bring her (no new parts either were added) ...he had friends do it and drop her off. Called me the night before and said oh and she doesnt have a battery.

It was take her or get nothing....I just couldnt let her go back to that idiot who would let her sit for 17 years. Not one nick in her body either...so when I can I will put some money into her a bit at a time. The temp registration expires in Feb and hopefully I will be in court by then with this ehem....seller.

Time to get back to work. I will put photos up this weekend for sure of her. She sure is pretty....

Thank you for your time...oh and thank you for trying on the diagrams. no clue I just have a bad luck streak at the moment...I did order some though...so there is hope lol

-Monica
Old 12-14-2007, 03:36 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

you need a new wiring harness for under the hood and a new harness for under the dash. talk to phil's in alabama (info in the sticky post in the top of this section) and i have a under the hood harness for a V8 i think its 77 or 78.

FYI, the underhood harness goes into the firewall next to the brake booster (its a large plug with a bolt in the center) and its actually plugged into the fusebox which is way up under the dash against the other side of the firewall.