Mustang II Section The more economy minded, compact Mustangs which were offered from 1974-1978

new to the II

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 12:29 PM
Chuck Thunder

Default new to the II

Hello, I just got a 1977 mustang ii hatchback, and I love it, it was sitting in a climate controlled garage for 12 years and got a steal of a deal. Now I just have to figure out what to do with it. but first, I have never done a forum thing before, so I am not quite sure how this thing works. Do I 'like' pages for mustang ii, or is there communities I .... like? or whatever the terminology is? a little help would be appreciated because I am sure I will be on here asking questions all the time. Thank you in advance.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:05 AM
roystere

Hi, you can post on this thread if you like. If you're on Facebook, there are several Mustang II pages you can visit and join if you like. Bunch of very knowledgeable people there. Tell us more about your 77 when you get a chance and welcome to the wonderful world of Mustang IIs!!
Old 05-14-2018, 08:52 AM
Chuck Thunder

77 hatchback, all red, inside and out, with the targa band and t tops. v8 302. all original except the radio, which is giving me hell right now. now sure if it was a home job or not. sometimes it will just lose power. then a few days later I will be fiddling, pushed the cigarette lighter in and it started working. super weird. something I will figure out eventually. right now I have to get it to pass emissions. in Colorado, 1975 and older are exempt, 76-82 do an idle test. I failed the gas cap, and also the emissions part of it. I got a new gas cap which I am hoping solves most of the issues. I think I need to tune the carb to idle just a little higher. right now i am idling roughly around 600 in park, about 550 in drive. I want to get those up to about 700, maybe it will pass. I plan on blacking out the chrome on it, just with plastidip, so if I sell it eventually it can stay original. I would also like to get the cobra ii front spoiler and the cobra ii back spoiler, or maybe an aftermarket spoiler. and also a hood scoop and louvers, make it a little meaner. I get compliments on it, but I have heard the phrase "it's a cute car" a little too often hahaha I need to mean it up a bit.