Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Ford motor Co. attacking all companies with the Mustang name or Pony name association

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 06:05 PM
Pedal2theMetal

Default RE: Ford motor Co. attacking all companies with the Mustang name or Pony name association

If you all reall feel strongly about this you need to write Ford. It might not change their mind but make your feelings known!
Old 09-15-2006, 11:05 PM
tinman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Ford motor Co. attacking all companies with the Mustang name or Pony name association

1) No, not all the vintage muscle cars are 'pony' class cars. In fact only a small % of the early Mustangs can be considered 'Muscle' cars. That would be the cars with 271/289's and the early Shelbys as well as the big block 390-428 cars.
BTW, what is Ford going to do about my local high school who are the 'Mustangs' with a similar logo to the early cars........
Old 09-29-2006, 05:23 PM
cmmathes

I read the article and wished I had already sent a letter. I think we need to supply the forum with an email and mailing address to contact Ford. The article talks about how mustang fans went crazy when ford wanted to replace the mustang with a front wheel drive 4 cylinder econo car. The Probe, I believe. Here's what gets me:
Ford owes everything to these companies. Without them who would have taken there car to the status it is now. I'm a ford guy. I like a few of there cars, but as a whole the company sucks! Remeber the Pinto, the Firestone/exlporer scandal and not too mention kids way to young to drive tell me "FORD - FOUND ON ROAD DEAD,ETC." We seem to be in an era where foreign manufactures are building cars people want. There's a great article in the back of 5.0, with John Colleti of Ford. I think everyone knows who he is! If not I'll get the issue and tell which one it is. He talks about Ford saying to him there was no market for the svt Focus, Contour,etc. He had hoped the Contour would have evolved into a turbo v-6 w/ all-wheel drive! Finally, something to compete against the evo & wrx.
To me I feel like Ford is saying screw you stangbangers! You aren't important to us and your insignificant. When in reality it's the mags like 5.0,mm&ff, now modified mustang and all the aftermarket companies that have created the awareness of such an awesome car. Sorry, my first post and I'm getting long winded. I have worked hard on the Mustangs I have owned to show people what a person w/ a brain and the right tools can build and for so cheap! Ford build Mustangs, we own them!

Old 09-30-2006, 12:46 PM
CobraBob
2nd Gear Member

This has been going on for some months now. It appears Ford is not being overly aggressive in some cases. For example, they aren't leaning too heavily on Mustang forums in general. Those with "Mustang" or "SVT" in the name. While I understand what they doing, I don't agree with it. Nascar is even worse. I remember when they used to show a car's main sponsor when showing the running order or qualifying position. Then Nascar said the sponsor's were getting free advertising and now they only show the car's number. Nascar will go after anybody. And then you have WalMart. Just heard they went after Apple Computer because Apple's new movie download service would "take away from WalMart's DVD sales. Apple folded to their legal challenge and worked a deal where WalMart now will get a percentage of all Apple movie downloads. B.S. in my opinion. But does that surprise anyone, seeing that WalMart is now the king of retail? When a company gets so big (like WalMart) that it can pressure smaller companies in this way, the system needs adjusting. Because the next step is a monopoly. [:@]
Old 09-30-2006, 04:52 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Technically, can Ford even go after forum websites that use "mustang" in the name? These sites don't generate any profit from the mustang automobile.