Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

performance

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 05:10 AM
theultimateassault

Default performance

Hey guyz im sort of new to this but i had a question. The new shelby gt 500 is sick and wish I was going to buy tht car but my dealer only gets like 2 and he's charging like double the price which is totally gay. So i am going to get a Mustang gt premium, now what would be some good parts to boost the style and performance of the car? Cuz i know half you guys got some sick looking rides out there.

<~God has given us the road~>
Old 10-15-2006, 05:30 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Default RE: performance

You need to go to the 05-07 section and start looking around. Check out all the stickies (threads that are hardcoded to the top of the first page in each section) and get a feel for what others have done to their rides. To check out some performance options, go into the 4.6 subsection of the 05-07 section. You may want to decide which direction you want to go with performance before you start looking stuff up. Do you want to just add a little more power? Do you want the car to handle alot better? Do you want to make the car silly-mad fast? Just get some ideas to start off. Everyone has different agenda's for their mustangs..........you need to decide what you want to do.

Just go into the 05-07 sections (I'm assuming you're buying an 05+ mustang here) and just start reading up on anything that remotely interests you. I know you'd rather get some quick input here.....but there's just waaaay too much aftermarket product for these cars out there to be focusing on one or two particular setups. There's also plenty of ppl in here who know their stuff, and they can answer any questions you may have.

Good luck with the GT and have fun modding.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:58 AM
theultimateassault

thanks i was planning on an 07 good guees would there be a section on silly-mad fast and good handling combined lol
Old 10-15-2006, 06:09 AM
theultimateassault

I live in NY and I frequently go up to raceway park in NJ cuz i also ride mx but besides the point like 10 min from raceway there is a shop tht works on mustangs. I've seen their cars and their pretty sick especially under the hoods cuz the drag at raceway, so maybe should i go to them?
Old 10-15-2006, 07:55 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: theultimateassault

I live in NY and I frequently go up to raceway park in NJ cuz i also ride mx but besides the point like 10 min from raceway there is a shop tht works on mustangs. I've seen their cars and their pretty sick especially under the hoods cuz the drag at raceway, so maybe should i go to them?
Heck yea, if you know somewhere that's handling alot of new mustangs.....you should definitely check them out and see what kind of stuff they've got going on. Plus its always good to have a shop that is familiar with working on these new mustangs, since they've changed alot since the previous generation.