Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

**Traitors**, Will you test drive the Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 12:02 AM
Jestaar
1st Gear Member

Default RE: **Traitors**, Will you test drive the Camaro?

Hi all. I know I'm a n00b here, but I felt compelled to make this my first post. The way I see it...Chevy has NO Camaros to test drive right now. They probably won't have any available in 2008 although there's rumor that they will be out in Q4 2008, we will see. I'm kind of doubting it, honestly. There's been so much hype over the years about a new Camaro, but still, we haven't seen any.

Anyhow, with what's available now, when they do come out we could see

Base model w/3.9L V6 250hpstarting at $25,000
5.3L V8 300hp starting at $30,000
RS model 6.0L V8 400hp starting at $36,000
SS model7.0L V8 450hp starting at $42,000

I just tossed up $ amounts that seemed realistic to me. I'm doubting that they would offer the LS2 with the same HP as a Vetteor even find the Camaro worthy of a 500+hp LS7. Would Chevy dare hurt their sales on Vette's by offering the same powered V8?

I'm only speculating engines available and prices. I believe that dollar for dollar, Mustangs will still be the better offer. If you want to race the two vehicles then it's a crap shoot in comparing. If you want the 400+hp Camaro, you'll probably walk out of the dealership paying what you could for a Roush 427 (400+hp). You want to beat a stock V8Camaro, pour the money you saved buying the Mustang, install a twin turbo and laugh while watching him in your rearview mirror.

Old 08-14-2007, 12:06 AM
Jestaar
1st Gear Member

Doh, and to answer the question....NO, I won't be test driving one. The only chance I'll test drive one is if a friend buys one. The only Chevy I ever wanted to sit in is a Vette.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:55 AM
WillyPete2171

Sure, I would love to test drive the new Camaro & Challenger. It won’t change my love for the Mustang. It looks like the muscle car wars are back! We should all be more than grateful to see this happen, especially when you consider the economy of things these days…

What I have always loved about the Mustang is that for the most part they are lighter, more nimble, and more reasonably price compared to the competition. A 400 horse Camaro is going to be closer to 40k, and that is way out of my range. I’m about one year out from buying a new car and I will either go for the 08 Stang w/dealer discounts, or spend the extra buck for the slightlyenhanced 09 Stang, which will probably have around 350 horse – that should me more than enough to get my 37 year old butt around town, don’t ya think?
Old 08-14-2007, 01:14 PM
SoSmoked
I ♥ Acer

Chevy discontinued the ls2, so expect the ls3 in the new Camaro. Which means 430 hp Z28. Now me personally, I want chevy to offer the SS with a supercharged ls3. Just because the forged internals. Believe me with the GT500 and now rumors of a 500hp challenger model coming soon, chevy will have something up their sleeve. I just read in my Automobile Mag. that the C7 vette is changing to a mid-engined car. Now I don't know if its true, but it was what they were reporting. Which would price it well out of the range of any camaro. If it is true they could put a 800hp motor in the Camaro and still be cheaper than a mid-engined corvette. Chevy's not stupid the corvette is a world class handling car. They also now if they put a 500hp motor in the new Camaro (approx 3800lbs) and in the new vette (3200lbs). Common everybody on the planet knows who would win that race.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:02 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

I'm pretty sure that they'll rate the Camaro's power down just a few ponies form that of the Corvette in orderto keep the bragging rights in the correct order for the Corvette. 10, maybe as many as 20, and it'll be blamed on something like slightly different intake and exhaust packaging.

Norm
Old 09-05-2007, 09:01 AM
midnightredmustang

Are they making a new Camaro???????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????

The bridge for the bowtie has been burnt and I will not try and swim back over that dirty river. Answer to the question is no.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:16 AM
06Vista
2nd Gear Member

If ford builds a Boss 302, nah.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:39 PM
heslekrants
2nd Gear Member

Chevy, Ford, or Dodge it doesn't matter to me. I'll test drive them all! Ilearned to drive in the Muscle Car Era and was sad to see it go.Here comes the new Muscle Car Era My Son is going to buy a Camaro, V8 of course.

Current rides: 65 Mustang Conv (1st Car - been sitting in the garage most of the last 30 years), 74 Camaro (550+hp 454 - year long project almost done), 90 Camaro (V8 150K miles), 98 Firebird (V6 175K miles), 99 Suburban 4x4 (5.7L w/mods 220K miles), 06 Pony Mustang (V6 20K miles).

Old 10-04-2007, 10:48 PM
RedDevilSC
1st Gear Member

No, I have no interest in the new offering from Chevrolet for one single reason: It's not a Mustang! 'Nuff said....
Old 10-05-2007, 09:12 AM
nobrakes
2nd Gear Member

The new crapero's come out in 09 correct? In 2010 there is a rumor that mustang v6's will be putting out 260 horses 300 torque and the V8's will be putting out 350 horses380 torque. That would be fun if it is true: )

Quick Reply: **Traitors**, Will you test drive the Camaro?