Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

I need your opinions FOR FORD ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 08:31 PM
Jonsey
4th Gear Member

Default RE: I need your opinions FOR FORD ASAP

A stronger bottom end and tranny would be a very nice thing to have.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:20 AM
iraziel
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kyle2k

Okay, iraziel, please for the love of god, he isnt saying there is going to be a 800hp DD mustang or w/e you think you read. Cost is a risk, but if you read his post, it will be a package deal so if you don't want the beefed up version, don't buy it. It is that simple. And you whole "average" buyer thing, doenst the average buyer get a v6 model? This is a chance for the community to get something special that will keep the mustang a VERY VERY worthy choice amongst the other muscle cars that will come out. Please, whoever is reporting to ford, don't let this guy sway you, I think a lot of people dont mod their cars to that level is because INTERNAL work is involved, that can be a big physchological barrier.I would love to have a high psi S/C ready car right out of the factory. You have my support, lets get more optomistic people on here too, we dont need the "no the average person doesn't want an OPTIONAL package crap" Offering something for tuners like this wouldnt hurt sales, it would promote them.
1. Im speakingof people whoare buying theGT not V6. Most of the V6 drivers i see here are teenage girls..The main people around here who are able to afford new GTs looks like 30+ years, why cuz they can afford it and most guys my age cant. So more than likely i wouldnt be able to get one of these bad boys when they come out w/ the OPTION of 800hp drivetrain ($40K).....
.....Which isalso why in my last post i mentioned "...wait till they drop the price cuz they cant sell and jump on the bargain" cuz even IF they do sell, GTs wont hold their value

2. Something special? You mean like the Terminators, who still hold+/= value than the '05+? No they wont be cuzthey'll still be labled GTs and, again, lose value as such which make it not worth it in the long run.

3. Alot of people dont mod their cars because *gasp* they cant afford it.

But like i said earlier "run with the idea" cuzi'll be waiting on the sidelines like a vulture waiting to pick it up when it hits a price range i can afford.
----------
But id like to say "I'm Sorry" cuz i was just focus on the 'worse' case that it would come off the line with 800hp @ 40K+, i totally spazzed that it was an option.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:32 AM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

so you're saying that they are going to give the new 3V's forged internals...sounds good, but have em crank out some more stock hp while they're at it...if audi can get 420 hp out of their 4.2, ford can certainly get more out of their 4.6
Old 12-31-2007, 01:24 PM
kyle2k
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: iraziel

1. Im speakingof people whoare buying theGT not V6. Most of the V6 drivers i see here are teenage girls..The main people around here who are able to afford new GTs looks like 30+ years, why cuz they can afford it and most guys my age cant. So more than likely i wouldnt be able to get one of these bad boys when they come out w/ the OPTION of 800hp drivetrain ($40K).....
.....Which isalso why in my last post i mentioned "...wait till they drop the price cuz they cant sell and jump on the bargain" cuz even IF they do sell, GTs wont hold their value

2. Something special? You mean like the Terminators, who still hold+/= value than the '05+? No they wont be cuzthey'll still be labled GTs and, again, lose value as such which make it not worth it in the long run.

3. Alot of people dont mod their cars because *gasp* they cant afford it.

But like i said earlier "run with the idea" cuzi'll be waiting on the sidelines like a vulture waiting to pick it up when it hits a price range i can afford.
----------
But id like to say "I'm Sorry" cuz i was just focus on the 'worse' case that it would come off the line with 800hp @ 40K+, i totally spazzed that it was an option.

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic in this message or not (and if you arent being sarcastic mentallytake the "rant" comments out of my message), but as for your #3 comment. Im going to help you read in between the lines a bit, "Alot of people dont mod their cars because *gasp* they cant afford it." I agree, but the thing thats getting debated with what they can afford usually is the best dollar to hp ratio Forged internals being the thing that they generally can't afford. I don't know if you get my point here, but a high PSI turbo or S/C project would probably cost like 10k involving having to forge the internals, you let ford make an optional package, and you just saved yourself like 4-5k with labor, machining, etc. Do you get the validity of my argument? Making it *gasp* more affordable to mod. Seriously, don't use that sarcasticcrap on me bro. In the end, it is still an OPTION after all.

Forgot, when I said something special, I ment for the looming HP war amongst Chevy, Ford, and DCX, not a special edition car that you see once a year or sitting garaged in a retired businessmans garage.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:42 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

I would like to see an option for an IRS. I mean Live Axle is so 80's.
Maybe a two tier V6 and V8 options,
A low powered V6 econo version for those Teenage Girls
a High Powered V6 version for the guys who can't afford the GT
but want to feel some power. I think this is the approch the Camaro
is taking.

The GTV8 needs more power, and needs to be stronger I would like to
see 350-400hp stock, we need to compete withthe LS3 Camaro in 09
the car needs to loose a few pounds 3600 is too heavy for a sports car.

Oh, and do somthing with the Butt ugly rearend... (Pun intended)

Old 01-01-2008, 03:08 AM
iraziel
2nd Gear Member

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic in this message or not (and if you arent being sarcastic mentallytake the "rant" comments out of my message), but as for your #3 comment. Im going to help you read in between the lines a bit, "Alot of people dont mod their cars because *gasp* they cant afford it." I agree, but the thing thats getting debated with what they can afford usually is the best dollar to hp ratio Forged internals being the thing that they generally can't afford. I don't know if you get my point here, but a high PSI turbo or S/C project would probably cost like 10k involving having to forge the internals, you let ford make an optional package, and you just saved yourself like 4-5k with labor, machining, etc. Do you get the validity of my argument? Making it *gasp* more affordable to mod. Seriously, don't use that sarcasticcrap on me bro. In the end, it is still an OPTION after all.

Forgot, when I said something special, I ment for the looming HP war amongst Chevy, Ford, and DCX, not a special edition car that you see once a year or sitting garaged in a retired businessmans garage.
Like i said, i was going from "off the line" and i spazzed that it was an option, which i said sorry.

I agree, it would be a nice option and looking at it from how you explain it, it is in fact a good option. Go for it. DONE.
------
*seperate issue*
If someone cant afford it period, why would they taking the optional package be better? They still wouldnt be able to afford it. Due to a higher car payment along with interest rate, may as well charge it on a card (same, possibly better deal).I know in my case it would be better to get them seperately.
IMO
-----With getting the package:
Pros:
-Keep factorywarrenty
-Premodified drivetrain ready for high HP
Cons:
-Higher car payment
-----With getting custom:
Pros:
-Aftermarket drivetrain - better than factory(in most cases)
-Able to pick and choose where you want to go with themods
-Possible better finacial situation
Cons:
-Lose fatory warrenty
-X amount of time in the shop

Personally, id go aftermarket cuza)knowing im getting something back better than what factory can put out is worth the time and b) warrenty hasnt done jack for me with my 07 Focus, 02 Roush, 03 GT...so with my experience thewarrenty is pretty worthless.
---------
Sarcasim is constantly thrown out there by me, but i'll make sure to keep it to a minimum when postin to you...no harsh feelins
Old 01-01-2008, 01:02 PM
kyle2k
1st Gear Member

I appreciate your post man thanks for that...when sarcasm is thrown out I usually multiply it a few times than throw it back...its just how I am[8D]. So no harsh feelings to you either. The question i have i guess is, if you throw a supercharger on will that void the warranty? I mean, its rated for 800 hp....right?
Old 01-02-2008, 02:31 AM
iraziel
2nd Gear Member

I appreciate your post man thanks for that...when sarcasm is thrown out I usually multiply it a few times than throw it back...its just how I am[8D]. So no harsh feelings to you either. The question i have i guess is, if you throw a supercharger on will that void the warranty? I mean, its rated for 800 hp....right?
I guess to some extent that is true, but i think if you have the dealer or who ever do it it'll stay under warrenty.

I ran intothis guy with a new white Saleen had a vortech in it...kept his warrenty (i think)
Old 01-03-2008, 11:48 AM
RedDevilSC
1st Gear Member

So the jist of this is there's a chance that Ford will offer an option that allows you to get a Mustang from the factory with forged internals capable of handling up to 800 horsepower? Doesn't seem very complicated to me, in fact it sounds like a winner!
Old 01-04-2008, 04:28 PM
87WSP5.0
1st Gear Member

For an extra $2000 forged internal (maybe something like the 03/04 Cobra), beefed up trans and axles. that would be a good price. 99% of the times the way this stuff does not work is when DEALERSmark the cars up $5k. The mustang needs to lose weight to.