Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

2010 Mustang looks like Poopoo

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 01:18 AM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RideMyAssOff
See the pic in my Ava, that's an 08 Mustang brotha. I love this car, and is very upset with this POS they released....oh well, like Obama, we will only have to wait 4 years till the next one

Seriously...when you first saw the 05, you thought I HAD TO HAVE THAT car....do your really feel the same with this one, c'mon now, who are you fooling. We all make mistakes, Ford made a big one here.

PS. ragtop, what are you even doing in this thread? And make your sig smaller, you take up too much space.
Actually alot of new edge owners hated it. My sig is well within the size limitations set by the forum.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:22 AM
99RedStang
2nd Gear Member

I'm a new edge owner and I hated the 05+ when I first saw them. But they grew on me and now I love them! I anticipate this new 2010 stang will grow on everyone, but I already love it.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:30 AM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99RedStang
I'm a new edge owner and I hated the 05+ when I first saw them. But they grew on me and now I love them! I anticipate this new 2010 stang will grow on everyone, but I already love it.
Thanks for the input. No offense but I really think it has a little bit to do with jealousy, a persons car is no longer the newest/best/fastest Mustang. Its only natural imo.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:32 AM
99RedStang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 83gtragtop
Thanks for the input. No offense but I really think it has a little bit to do with jealousy, a persons car is no longer the newest/best/fastest Mustang. Its only natural imo.
Oh, I totally agree.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:08 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

I've got a somewhat longer view on this, and I think it has more to do with how closely the new interpretation matches up to the version that impressed you first.

The S197 has strong resemblance to the late 60's Mustangs, which I'm sure was intentional (seeing as that was the best of the original "muscle car" period and where the Mustang became firmly established as a performance car). I'm not saying that the S197 is perfect (it isn't), but it is pretty damn good. I'll wait to see the upcoming Mustang in the metal, as pictures are not always flattering. Meanwhile, I'm hoping that not too much of the S197/late 60's character gets lost in the translation.

Norm
Old 11-19-2008, 11:40 AM
shoepolishsmelling
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson
I've got a somewhat longer view on this, and I think it has more to do with how closely the new interpretation matches up to the version that impressed you first.

The S197 has strong resemblance to the late 60's Mustangs, which I'm sure was intentional (seeing as that was the best of the original "muscle car" period and where the Mustang became firmly established as a performance car). I'm not saying that the S197 is perfect (it isn't), but it is pretty damn good. I'll wait to see the upcoming Mustang in the metal, as pictures are not always flattering. Meanwhile, I'm hoping that not too much of the S197/late 60's character gets lost in the translation.

Norm
well said bro
Old 11-19-2008, 11:56 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

"poopoo"

Are you sure you're old enough to drive?
Old 11-19-2008, 01:17 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 83gtragtop
Not sure...

When I first saw the S197 in 2004 I wasn't too excited. The back just looked too jacked up. Plus it was such a departure from the past look of the car. People are always a liitle wierded out by something different.
But then I started to see more and more of them, started to be able to distinguish between the V6's and the GT's. Saw that interior, which was a big improvement in looks, compared to the scooped out dash of the 2004.
I'll admit I'm going to be a little jealous of some of the new features but I can pretty much add every single one of those to my 2005! I wonder if I can put in an order for the new Saddle leather seats?
Old 11-19-2008, 05:40 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Ok, enough............the 2010 is STILL an S197. Geez ppl. This is not a brand new car. The biggest change made was to the interior. The exterior is just a reblend. And regardless what anyone thinks of the changes I can tell you one thing........Ford is gonna grab alot of new buyers with this refresh. The Mustang isn't gonna slip to last place in sales because it has the least power of the new age muscle trio. If you think bigger motor and more power = better sales, you obviously missed out on the last generation pony car wars where the Mustang outsold both of GM's F-bods by quite a margin.........despite being down nearly 100hp.

It's all about marketability....and the Mustang always has and always will have that. And that's what keeps the car in production every year so that we have the opportunity to have bicker sessions like this.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:01 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
Ok, enough............the 2010 is STILL an S197. Geez ppl. This is not a brand new car. The biggest change made was to the interior. The exterior is just a reblend. And regardless what anyone thinks of the changes I can tell you one thing........Ford is gonna grab alot of new buyers with this refresh. The Mustang isn't gonna slip to last place in sales because it has the least power of the new age muscle trio. If you think bigger motor and more power = better sales, you obviously missed out on the last generation pony car wars where the Mustang outsold both of GM's F-bods by quite a margin.........despite being down nearly 100hp.

It's all about marketability....and the Mustang always has and always will have that. And that's what keeps the car in production every year so that we have the opportunity to have bicker sessions like this.
Genius

Quick Reply: 2010 Mustang looks like Poopoo