Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Price I was quoted

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 08:40 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by redrocker66
I would love the brick red leather in a black car. But in Grabber Blue I think it would be really, really BAD!
I agree with you there...
Old 04-10-2010, 02:02 PM
HorsePower99
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Deadbeat
I kinda wish I got an automatic. I plan on going FI and would like to make it a drag racer in the long run. But I figure if I couldn't get a 4.6 the least I could do is get a manual. I love driving it, dream of it every night, but I know I could be a lot faster with an auto. Oh, and the 4.6

Have fun picking out your rides, lucky basturdz
Yea but now at least you know everybody at the track isn't laughing at you cause you can't drive or at least they think you can't cause you have an automatic. Anybody can just sit there and hold the pedal down on an automatic.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:39 PM
redrocker66

Originally Posted by HorsePower99
Redrocker: I hate the red interior with a passion lol. We have this 05 black convertible, black top in the shop now with the red interior and it's just terrible, completely ruined an otherwise great looking car(that and it's a V6 automatic). Everyone I work with thinks it looks horrible. But yea that is the only bad part about a manual, your foot will get tired from going in and out and in and out on the clutch in traffic like that, but where I live I don't have to deal with that much except for the 5 times a year when it's my turn to drive up to the Skins games so it's definitely worth it. I think it'd be worth it even if it was every day though, but that's just me.

Smee: Very nice man, I'm jealous as hell haha, enjoy it. If it was me I know I wouldn't get a bit of sleep waiting for that thing to come I'd be so anxious and excited lol. Can't go wrong with the grabber blue.
I almost bought an 06 black convertible GT with red leather a couple years ago. But I really like the red they're using now a lot better. The Brick Red they're putting in now is a different tone of red...deeper, not as bright red. Because it's deeper and it has the white line going down the center, it looks much nicer than the previous bright "plain" red, IMHO.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:09 AM
HorsePower99
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by redrocker66
I almost bought an 06 black convertible GT with red leather a couple years ago. But I really like the red they're using now a lot better. The Brick Red they're putting in now is a different tone of red...deeper, not as bright red. Because it's deeper and it has the white line going down the center, it looks much nicer than the previous bright "plain" red, IMHO.
Oh well if it's changed since 05 I don't think I've seen it yet. We've never had any in there with red interior since I've been working there other than that one.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:10 PM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

Yea but now at least you know everybody at the track isn't laughing at you cause you can't drive or at least they think you can't cause you have an automatic. Anybody can just sit there and hold the pedal down on an automatic.

Huh? Most drags are auto...
Old 04-12-2010, 04:28 PM
HorsePower99
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MOOK3456
Huh? Most drags are auto...
Everybody I know that goes to the track has a manual... And we joke about people with automatics a lot too lol. But I've never been so my bad I guess... I can't think of anyone I've ever known with an automatic though that races it at a track.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

i love my auto.. very consistent at the track no miss-shifts during street races either.. only downfall is the roll racing, since i dont like to manually shift my auto i always have to wait a 1/2 second for it to downshift.. so i just tell people their car sucks if they cant go from a dig

I also run like .4 faster than my buddy with a manual, same mods except he doesn't have the udps or cmdps.. or didn't, now he has all those plus Driveshaft..
Old 04-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

What do the 500's go for in the USA?
Old 04-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

used with low mileage can be found at 33,000-35,000. new 2011s MSRP 46,000
Old 04-15-2010, 05:36 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Everybody I know that goes to the track has a manual... And we joke about people with automatics a lot too lol. But I've never been so my bad I guess... I can't think of anyone I've ever known with an automatic though that races it at a track.
I think your experience is pretty much a freak one. Automatics are the way to go these days for a drag car. Numerous reasons.

That said I'm more impressed with a well driven manual car vs. a robot driven automatic. The former does take more driver skill to get results.

Quick Reply: Price I was quoted